Mini rant about political correctness

M

MrCatSpit

Don't you just hate it when they force you to pander and you can't say what you want?

Actually, no. I don't. I think it's part of being civilised.

What l dislike is when political incorrectness makes the politically incorrect angry. I think political incorrectness is by and large about being a bully as an adult, having one's cake and eating it. As such, having the same behaviour reflected back, majorly irks the afficionado of political incorrectness.

Argue.

M

MrCatSpit

ehm, i was told to post, or else*

*or else i wouldn't gain the ability to view profiles.

I enjoy banter but I feel anti-pc has become a general anti-c movement. C as in correctness, properness. I love Trudeau all the more for his blackface pics. For me anti-pc is more than that.

You defined "the subject" bein pandered to as "stupid" which is circular.

I think adults should give up their seats on the bus for children (odd that nobody does that). That's my model of political correctness.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
*or else i wouldn't gain the ability to view profiles.

I think adults should give up their seats on the bus for children (odd that nobody does that). That's my model of political correctness.
You are not guaranteed to view profiles in spite of getting accreditation. Many people, you will find, opt for private or selective viewing.
Your second statement is either a wind up or just plain pandering to misplaced political correctness.
If that is your model on which you base your principles, then I fear that you will be disappointed by what you witness in the chatrooms, let alone the Forum.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"Political Correctness".
It's right there in the words.

What is deemed politically correct is the truth.
What is scientifically, realistically, emotionally, historically, genetically or any other measure you can define as differing opinions are not correct unless they align with the current Political thinking.
i.e. What will get us good headlines in tomorrows news.

Thats the problem with "Political Correctness", it demonises anything which contradicts it.

As has been seen many times, the term "You may be right, but that argument isnt helpful".
Helpful to whom exactly?

Back