Migrants fleeing France

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Can we not do more to help these poor people trying to escape from France? They are so desperate to get away, taking such terrible risks. Can you blame them for trying to get to this England, this green and pleasant land? The RNLI are doing all they possibly can by saving them as soon as they put to sea in their flimsy rubber dinghies. But they can't rescue everyone, as seen by a recent tragic event. Perhaps they could pick the migrants up direct from the beaches, I'm not sure their funding would allow that, but surely it's something that could be looked into. In these recycling times, there are 100s of boats in Dover lying idle following successful migrant crossings, these are obviously sturdier vessels. Could they not be taken back to France be reused? I'm heartily sick of people standing by, doing nothing, paying lip-service to the problem, basically just taking the P.
I wish there were a head-shaking emoji or a tutting one, because I am doing that right now. I will have to settle for a rolling my eyes one :rolleyes:

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Good you saying these things but where they going to live wheres the money coming from dont you think our nhs is over stretched as it is also didt the eu which we no longed in say they should settle first safe country How many countries have they travelled thro if they want to reach the uk im al for helping them but there must be a limit maybe you can put them up ?

S

Saphire

I agree it's heartbreaking to see people so desperate, especially given the recent news.
Genuine refugees, families, women, children and babies, people in fear of their lives who have risked everything they have to come here should obviously be helped.
Economic migrants, mainly youngish men, who arrive in their droves, really shouldn't be given refugee status.
We are an island, we can't help everyone, and in trying to do so, we harm the people already here.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I agree it's heartbreaking to see people so desperate, especially given the recent news.
Genuine refugees, families, women, children and babies, people in fear of their lives who have risked everything they have to come here should obviously be helped.
Economic migrants, mainly youngish men, who arrive in their droves, really shouldn't be given refugee status.
We are an island, we can't help everyone, and in trying to do so, we harm the people already here.

It's 80/20%.
Thats the relation of male/female asylem seekers.
80% are men under 35.

"In 2013, the government estimated that illegal immigration cost the NHS £330 million per year. The London School of Economics has estimated that the long term costs of benefits for illegal migrants could be £1.6 billion a year."

Taken from Migrationwatchuk but I did read the LSE source documents and it looks legit.

Someone want to guess how much that will be given the massive rise in illegal immigration over the last 8 years?

I sure as hell dont.

Lets not forget the damage to the economy, housing shortages, cheap labour for those willing to bend the rules.

However those are the statistics and arguments usually touted, but they arent accurate, there are many more women brought here than people think by organised crime syndicates.

My main problem with illegal immigration is slave labour, especially in the sex trade where young girls end up drug addicts because thier handlers want to keep them maleable and hooked for profit.

Usually they prefer to traffic "Fresh" bodies, virgins to you and me, they can fetch a higher price for a while.
After that they are often turning over 100 "customers" a week.

Many times they kill one to make sure the rest are kept in line.
Most end up dead when they overdose, some guy gets to rough, or they outlive thier "usefulness"

So yeah, immigration, a problem that people don't look at the right way.
For the sake of those poor girls, we should have strict border controls to ensure that can't happen.

Or does that stop another Rotherham, where it's young white girls?
Is that why no one cares, it's politically expedient?

clactonolderguy

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
many with hearts in right places see it as simple allow millions to arrive and settle here. escaping poverty . war and other factors we do not (yet) face. however rose tinted glasses are nice but a price has to be paid and RNLI acting as free ferry service they were not set up for is not ideal. nor are housing issues that we already have with mass building programs across Uk still unable to build fast enough to accommodate population increases already here. Then theres affect on schools. NHS .local doctors surgeries . translators. food supplies. culture clashes etc and of course laws we abide by are not seen as laws that they ought to obey etc. we also get terrorists sneaking in and almost all have travelled through 'safe' countries and then paid huge sums to be smuggled in or try for selves. France has already pointed out why we are suffering as a major immigration magnet and that is free high benefit levels ( not really free as rets of us have to fun it all with taxes) many immigrants have indeed settled and adhered to Uk laws and social norms and achieved good lives and created wealth etc . many forget UK is a small island at most 300 wide and 90o long with huge tracts of rivers.bogs .even mountains. farm land being concreted over at alarming rates increasing need to import food and oil etc. despite claims everybody needs huge population swell to drive economic 'growth' and thus modern economic work well . the real cost to country .planet. land and impact on own native population is ignored. anybody stepping up to comment is almost immediately condemned as racist.nationalistic .heartless etc. . wars have bene going on for ever in many areas of world and moving to a prosperous peaceful country is huge draw. add in high benefits they will not get in other countries and an almost 99% chance of not being rejected is worth paying thousands for. ( not exactly penniless then!) so far exact numbers of estimated illegals and legal migrants has been kept secret and an MP asked office of national statistics for data on numbers was refused on basis it would likely create major civil unrest . work that out! yes work is nasty . excess work population is major driver of many issues .wars. local culture conflicts .famine. unrest .even disease etc but only china and India have even tried to stem population growth ( failed and given up trying) its even been suggested that teh current virus (Covid) may not have escaped a Chinese lab after all but be natures way of culling mankind. jury is out. on a reality note it was suggested that those seeking to have immigrants welcomed by Uk and homes etc ought to put and sin pockets to pay for it am those not wanting illegals be exempted . when they looked at sums needed it was found that 99% would object to having to stump up the sums needed to fund it all much preferring to stay on high moral ground and offer safe passage .homes . medication. treatment. school .food etc paid fo roy all and especially those against illegals! now where are my cucumber sandwiches and laurel wreaths for offering RNLI more money ( bearing in mind they give away millions each year to other countries )

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well i don't care what anyone says... Would you claim asylum in France? they eat snails and frogs legs! I don't blame them for wanting to escape from there. But they're going about it all wrong, they should get organised, try different ways, form escape committees. Which gets me thinking... have they even tried tunnelling, disguising themselves as lifeboat crew members? I bet they haven't...

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Can we not do more to help these poor people trying to escape from France? They are so desperate to get away, taking such terrible risks. Can you blame them for trying to get to this England, this green and pleasant land? The RNLI are doing all they possibly can by saving them as soon as they put to sea in their flimsy rubber dinghies. But they can't rescue everyone, as seen by a recent tragic event. Perhaps they could pick the migrants up direct from the beaches, I'm not sure their funding would allow that, but surely it's something that could be looked into. In these recycling times, there are 100s of boats in Dover lying idle following successful migrant crossings, these are obviously sturdier vessels. Could they not be taken back to France be reused? I'm heartily sick of people standing by, doing nothing, paying lip-service to the problem, basically just taking the P.
I wish there were a head-shaking emoji or a tutting one, because I am doing that right now. I will have to settle for a rolling my eyes one :rolleyes:
If I were them I'd go to a WARM country....Why not Egypt? Thing is...All those middle eastern countries don't have benefits and a house handed on a plate do they.!

That's what they get here....If not that a 4* Hotel and 3 cooked meals a day. Is there any wonder they are doing it.!

I have nothing against those fleeing war torn countries...Refuge...Fine...But we are a small island. We can only take so many.

France need to do way more and stop passing the Buck to the UK to sort it.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Uncharitable Christmas Appeal: donate now and stop a lifeboat saving people

torpedo.jpg

Just a few pounds of your money can help stop the launch of a lifeboat that might rescue migrants.

Here’s what you’ll get for your donation:

£5: Pays for a bus ticket for a bigot to visit Hastings lifeboat station to shout anti-immigration rhetoric, like the highly original ‘Send ‘em back! We’re full!’ Enjoy a warm glow inside knowing you’ve done your bit for racism during the season of goodwill.

£9.50: Receive a commemorative print of a newspaper story about this proud moment in history. Would make a great present for friends or family who already have framed newspaper cuttings of them being arrested for lower-league football violence.

£15: Buys a roll of barbed wire to place on the beach. Won’t stop desperate people who’ve travelled from Syria and will get removed by the council but will give you happy thoughts of D-Day, not realising that you’ve put yourself on the Nazi side.

£20: With 100 donations of £20, we will commission a senior figure in the Conservative party to write a Telegraph column giving an air of respectability to inflammatory distortions about migrants flocking here for free pizza and iPhones.

£35: Sponsor a xenophobic thug. Similar to sponsoring an endangered leopard, your cash will provide them with food and lager. You’ll receive regular pictures of them harassing lifeboat crews and mouthing off in the pub. Includes a plush cuddly toy of the lairy-looking fvcker.

£75: Join a protest on the beach yourself! You’ll meet wonderfully horrible people telling earthy jokes like ‘How d’you stop a migrant drowning?’ and chuckling at their own sick hilarity. Includes Christmas dinner.

£150: Will help charter a boat to block the path of a lifeboat answering an emergency call. Don’t worry – there’s no legal liability if the dickheads on board cause a maritime disaster.

£1,600: Plant your own naval mine in the Channel. Very much the deluxe option, but if you can afford it, buy several and bag a French fishing boat into the bargain.

via - Daily CvntsRUs

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Uncharitable Christmas Appeal: donate now and stop a lifeboat saving people

View attachment 6610

Just a few pounds of your money can help stop the launch of a lifeboat that might rescue migrants.

Here’s what you’ll get for your donation:

£5: Pays for a bus ticket for a bigot to visit Hastings lifeboat station to shout anti-immigration rhetoric, like the highly original ‘Send ‘em back! We’re full!’ Enjoy a warm glow inside knowing you’ve done your bit for racism during the season of goodwill.

£9.50: Receive a commemorative print of a newspaper story about this proud moment in history. Would make a great present for friends or family who already have framed newspaper cuttings of them being arrested for lower-league football violence.

£15: Buys a roll of barbed wire to place on the beach. Won’t stop desperate people who’ve travelled from Syria and will get removed by the council but will give you happy thoughts of D-Day, not realising that you’ve put yourself on the Nazi side.

£20: With 100 donations of £20, we will commission a senior figure in the Conservative party to write a Telegraph column giving an air of respectability to inflammatory distortions about migrants flocking here for free pizza and iPhones.

£35: Sponsor a xenophobic thug. Similar to sponsoring an endangered leopard, your cash will provide them with food and lager. You’ll receive regular pictures of them harassing lifeboat crews and mouthing off in the pub. Includes a plush cuddly toy of the lairy-looking fvcker.

£75: Join a protest on the beach yourself! You’ll meet wonderfully horrible people telling earthy jokes like ‘How d’you stop a migrant drowning?’ and chuckling at their own sick hilarity. Includes Christmas dinner.

£150: Will help charter a boat to block the path of a lifeboat answering an emergency call. Don’t worry – there’s no legal liability if the dickheads on board cause a maritime disaster.

£1,600: Plant your own naval mine in the Channel. Very much the deluxe option, but if you can afford it, buy several and bag a French fishing boat into the bargain.

via - Daily CvntsRUs

£2 Billion: We could build a wall! :)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
On reflection, and as much as I'd like to go on demos chanting "Build the wall, built the wall!" :) I don't think it would work, because those pesky migrants would just go around it and wash up on some northern beach. Then again, most of them end up settling in the north anyway... :rolleyes:

S

Saphire

On reflection, and as much as I'd like to go on demos chanting "Build the wall, built the wall!" :) I don't think it would work, because those pesky migrants would just go around it and wash up on some northern beach. Then again, most of them end up settling in the north anyway... :rolleyes:
Houses and rents are far cheaper....central government shoves them where it'll cost them less.
You won't get ghettos in the home counties or Wilmslow for eg.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

'I am fcuking obsessed with migrants and I love it'

gammon 2.jpg

Grease grease trap cleaner Roy Hobbs is obsessed with migrants and regularly goes spotting on the Kent coast.

He explains his rewarding hobby:

Folk say to me ‘Roy, maybe you should stop worrying about migrants and get on with your own life’. But they don’t know.

Fearing migrants has so brought my life so much joy. There’s the warm glow of self-righteous anger – how dare they come here and take over the country I was born into by chance?

It’s like a war film. As the foreign hordes descend, who’s holding them back except me and other brave patriots on cliffs with binoculars, ranting in pubs and posting cliched, semi-coherent screeds to a WhatsApp group?

As I wisely pointed out on the Daily Mail forum comments: ‘Lot’s of young men, why don't they stay in Syria and fight? Or go to Egypt?’ It was very well-received.

There are other benefits. I like to work out how many migrants would fill an English city. Yesterday 430 of the buggers crossed the Channel.

Another year at this exact same rate and they’d need a city the size of Gloucester to house them. It’s good mental exercise, like sudoku.

It’s also helped broaden my interests in hatred. I hate the woke liberal elite who want to give them all a free house and a flashy car.

These immigrant scroungers are handed over 4/5 bedroom palatial houses, iPhones and £1000's in benefits.

And if not that its the 4 star hotels and 3 cooked meals a day they receive for free. Millions of houses and hotel rooms being used.

I will continue to pretend I work hand for my 'money' and lie that it is my taxes that pays for them.

I’ve even started hating the RNLI! I know!

Of course there’s the occasional downside. My wife makes me hold militia meetings in the shed and my son and daughter have stopped ringing. But these are minor issues.

So I’d highly recommend obsessing about migrants as a hobby. It even keeps you fit; I’m going for a walk now to see if I can spot any harassing the Queen’s swans. Why not join me?

via - Daily Gammon Watch

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

'I am fcuking obsessed with migrants and I love it'

View attachment 6627

Grease grease trap cleaner Roy Hobbs is obsessed with migrants and regularly goes spotting on the Kent coast.

He explains his rewarding hobby:

Folk say to me ‘Roy, maybe you should stop worrying about migrants and get on with your own life’. But they don’t know.

Fearing migrants has so brought my life so much joy. There’s the warm glow of self-righteous anger – how dare they come here and take over the country I was born into by chance?

It’s like a war film. As the foreign hordes descend, who’s holding them back except me and other brave patriots on cliffs with binoculars, ranting in pubs and posting cliched, semi-coherent screeds to a WhatsApp group?

As I wisely pointed out on the Daily Mail forum comments: ‘Lot’s of young men, why don't they stay in Syria and fight? Or go to Egypt?’ It was very well-received.

There are other benefits. I like to work out how many migrants would fill an English city. Yesterday 430 of the buggers crossed the Channel.

Another year at this exact same rate and they’d need a city the size of Gloucester to house them. It’s good mental exercise, like sudoku.

It’s also helped broaden my interests in hatred. I hate the woke liberal elite who want to give them all a free house and a flashy car.

These immigrant scroungers are handed over 4/5 bedroom palatial houses, iPhones and £1000's in benefits.

And if not that its the 4 star hotels and 3 cooked meals a day they receive for free. Millions of houses and hotel rooms being used.

I will continue to pretend I work hand for my 'money' and lie that it is my taxes that pays for them.

I’ve even started hating the RNLI! I know!

Of course there’s the occasional downside. My wife makes me hold militia meetings in the shed and my son and daughter have stopped ringing. But these are minor issues.

So I’d highly recommend obsessing about migrants as a hobby. It even keeps you fit; I’m going for a walk now to see if I can spot any harassing the Queen’s swans. Why not join me?

via - Daily Gammon Watch

That's not too far from the truth. Did you see Sky news the other day reporting on a woman who regularly patrols the Kent beach for boat people? While they were filming, migrants happened to come ashore. The minute they got out of the boat she started haranguing them "Why are you here, what do you want?". It was embarrassing to watch, made me ashamed to be British. :(

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
That's not too far from the truth. Did you see Sky news the other day reporting on a woman who regularly patrols the Kent beach for boat people? While they were filming, migrants happened to come ashore. The minute they got out of the boat she started haranguing them "Why are you here, what do you want?". It was embarrassing to watch, made me ashamed to be British. :(

Really?

So if one of those migrants kicked your front door in and demanded to stay in your house you'd be fine with it?

Or is it different because they are just taking up hotels with taxpayer funding and low cost housing that young families may need.
Ever wonder why there is a housing shortage?

Good for the hotel industry, not so good for the local schools if you read the news.
Young girls being "just chatted up" and photographed by the men staying there.
To the point where the police get involved, but they cant do anything because "Racism", so those girls suffer.

In the UK we have a law that allows us to accept anyone into the country as long as it is done legally.
That same law prevents anyone entering the country illegally unless they are an actual asylum seeker who is under threat in thier home country.

That law has existed for a long time and served us and those who needed protection well.
Economic migration however is covered under international law.
Our laws do not permit it.
The problem is that the border forces and the home office can't take the media coverage of people drowning in UK waters (even though the case here was in French waters)

So our own government is breaking UK law simply for optics.

However, if you think they have a "Right" to come here, whilst financing massive people smuggling operations, the money from which we know goes to much more nefarious criminal organistions, then thats your opinion?

So I will ask again, you have a lock on your front door for a reason, if someone kicked it in and demanded to stay, would you let them.

Just curious ;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
So if one of those migrants kicked your front door in and demanded to stay in your house you'd be fine with it?
I certainly wouldn't want anyone kicking my front door in, or back door for that matter, Ooo err! thank you very much :eek: But i stand by the comment you replied to... and by my previous comments - I welcome immigrants, they're only doing what I would do in their situation. Yes I welcome them, but I wouldn't want them living next door! :)

S

Saphire

I certainly wouldn't want anyone kicking my front door in, or back door for that matter, Ooo err! thank you very much :eek: But i stand by the comment you replied to... and by my previous comments - I welcome immigrants, they're only doing what I would do in their situation. Yes I welcome them, but I wouldn't want them living next door! :)
Hahaha...funny, and very honest.:cool:

I have Indian neighbours, they were immigrants once, second generation now.
Probably the best neighbours we have ever had. x

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Joking aside, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if an immigrant family moved in next door. What does concern me is that it appears to be mostly groups of single men coming off the boats. Now, if 3 or 4 men moved in next door, I would be disturbed just a little... Wouldn't you? o_O

S

Saphire

Joking aside, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if an immigrant family moved in next door. What does concern me is that it appears to be mostly groups of single men coming off the boats. Now, if 3 or 4 men moved in next door, I would be disturbed just a little... Wouldn't you? o_O
I would be disturbed, I said earlier in the thread...

"Economic migrants, mainly youngish men, who arrive in their droves, really shouldn't be given refugee status."

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Imagine if it was ALL Fit women that were landing ashore? Some blokes would change their choon right away. :D

Back