let's make this site great

franden

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Altair.
Watch what your posting you will accused of going off thread. I drove this very same truck for eight years

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Altair.
Watch what your posting you will accused of going off thread. I drove this very same truck for eight years

Never mind them....They are of no consequence. 8 years in that truck must have been hell..I like to hear things like this.
Where would Industry be if it weren't for the Drivers who drove Lorries like this?..

franden

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Now you can see how an 'unrelated' thread can attract interest.
Lorry driving in those days was much harder than it is today. No power steering, No automatic gear boxes, Double declutching to change gears. Prior to lorry driving I was driving buses for the Wilts & Dorset Bus Company. Only for a year though. I got fed up with stop go, stop go stop go all the time.
The firm I drove the pictured lorry for was Christopher Hill of Poole. Agriculture Merchants supplying feed stuffs to farms throughout the south of England.

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Altair.
*Cough* for a newbie you seem to like to know a lot about the forum and its old ways!

franden

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
let's all help make this site great
As you know I am new to this forum. Can someone please enlighten me re; the quote "Let,s make this site great again" What was 'great' about it that is not 'great' now? I thought it could have been because there were fewer threads so I started one but was chastised for doing so with the remark. "what has this to do with making the site great again"
If I have broken any unwritten laid down rules then I apologise. So please tell me what is wanted, if not new threads, to make this forum 'great' again.

Back