Is violence ever necessary?

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Define violence.

In todays culture words are construed as violence.

Theres nothing wrong with getting a slap if your getting out of hand, thats male vs male, not including women in this.
Although women often resort to violence against both men and women.
Usually with women on man violence it is unreported, men dont want to appear weak.

Toxic masculinity, my ass ;)
Take that from a man who was hit many times by an ex but never responded to violence.
When I talked to her about it she simply said "Well thats what my ex-husband did"
What did I know, I was 21 at the time and she was 10 years older than me, I was insecure and timid back then.
Today, I would probably slap her back.
Thats self defence is it not?

As for Will Smith, he was laughing at the joke, right until he saw "She" didnt like it, then he acted.
I feel sorry for Will Smith, she has emasculated him completely, its sad, he should have divorced her years ago, but he wants to honour his vows.

Violence has its place, it is a social requirement in any society.
Yet only the government can do it legally.
Jada Pinkett Smith is a narcissist. You can see it. And Will Smith will do anything to appease her, please her and bend his life around her.

F

fonzie

The problem with reacting with violence to insults, is that it can quickly escalate.
It would definitely make some people think twice before they started verbally abusing others, but then again, they would probably just go home, sit behind their keyboard, and make some poor sods life hell on social media.:oops:
wills coming out with a new film appropriately named gob smacked

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Ahhh after several attempts to see anything at all on that post it suddenly appears ,as if by magic ! and it`s not #17 it`s #21 and vanished again.

C

CrazyCatLady

As Will Smith seems to be all over the news since he whacked Criss Rock at the Oscars, the question comes up...is violence ever necessary or justified?

Wars, self-defence, and flattening others in the name of sport and entertainment apart, is instinctive violence, whether it be a slap, a punch, or anything else designed to hurt or humiliate, ever justified, in your opinion?
I'm not sure if this debacle was staged or not. Also, I think it's been blown out of proportion. He pu-ssy slapped him- it was a flat handed, wide fingered slap that didn't even leave a mark. Not quite sure how waving your arm in the air and brushing someone's cheek with your finger tips is violent, but apparently in this day and age, cracking a joke about someone looking like GI Jane is apparently taking the piss out of someone's alopecia.
It's a mad, mad world!

Back