If you could tun back time, what time would you go too?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If I could take someone back in time, I'd take a couple of exs on a well earned cruise, then superglue their hands to the rail of the Titanic. Obviously, I'd be travelling first class to be sure of a place in the lifeboats. :)

T

ToughType

If I could take someone back in time, I'd take a couple of exs on a well earned cruise, then superglue their hands to the rail of the Titanic. Obviously, I'd be travelling first class to be sure of a place in the lifeboats. :)
Harsh :D

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I would like to go back to the time my Mum was in hospital, years ago now,
I was nine and seeing my lovely Mum all swollen and horrible was too much for me I backed away. As I was leaving a lady in the next bed offered me a sweet. I ran away, in tears.
I wish I could play that scene again, in a better way.
It still bothers me.

T

ToughType

I would like to go back to the time my Mum was in hospital, years ago now,
I was nine and seeing my lovely Mum all swollen and horrible was too much for me I backed away. As I was leaving a lady in the next bed offered me a sweet. I ran away, in tears.
I wish I could play that scene again, in a better way.
It still bothers me.
hindsight huh

Reaction score
Could I go back to when before time was created? Would I become some sort of time god who could control time and exist outside of its realm?

Or do I just have too much time on my hands? Have to kill it somehow.

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
If I could turn back time, I would rewind to what turned out to be the last words my mother ever said to me. I'd just dropped her home from having a lovely midweek lunch out with her. As she stepped out of the car, she asked me if I wanted to come in for a cuppa. I politely declined, saying I had something or other to do. That was the last time she spoke to me. Two days later she was in a hospital bed and died of a massive cerebral bleed as a result of treatment for a stroke. I so wished I'd have made time for her that Thursday afternoon. That regret will stay with me for the rest of my life.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If I could turn back time, I would rewind to what turned out to be the last words my mother ever said to me. I'd just dropped her home from having a lovely midweek lunch out with her. As she stepped out of the car, she asked me if I wanted to come in for a cuppa. I politely declined, saying I had something or other to do. That was the last time she spoke to me. Two days later she was in a hospital bed and died of a massive cerebral bleed as a result of treatment for a stroke. I so wished I'd have made time for her that Thursday afternoon. That regret will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Can relate to this, something similar happened to me.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
NO. You made the time to have that lovely lunch. You would have had to leave after the cuppa anyway and would have regretted leaving then, too, in hindsight. So you would have stayed longer again and then regretted leaving then instead. You had to end the date. She'd had a lovely lunch the last time she saw you. THAT was her lasting memory of you.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'd go back to 17:00 this afternoon. Me and a Pepsi Max in the afternoon sun, having clocked off for the day. I don't ask for much. Or to the '80s, more generally, when having this silly big hair would have been COMPLETELY acceptable. Or to before every exam I sat, when there was little competition and Bs were fine. I'd have made an effort and aced them all, because CVs linger.

T

Tandy

All we ever have is now, regrets are the past and you learn from them, live with unconditional love and hope.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
All we ever have is now, regrets are the past and you learn from them, live with unconditional love and hope.
I don't know about regrets, as such. More like lessons learned. I'm quite 'ho-hum' about these things.

T

Tandy

I see your perspective, regrets can be learning jolts, a way to see deeper meaning or perspective. You can't change the past but it can change you.

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
NO. You made the time to have that lovely lunch. You would have had to leave after the cuppa anyway and would have regretted leaving then, too, in hindsight. So you would have stayed longer again and then regretted leaving then instead. You had to end the date. She'd had a lovely lunch the last time she saw you. THAT was her lasting memory of you.
What a lovely thing to say. You almost always manage to make me cry, most often with laughter but here with the capacity of an online friend to make me feel better about myself. Thank you!

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I'd go back to 17:00 this afternoon. Me and a Pepsi Max in the afternoon sun, having clocked off for the day. I don't ask for much. Or to the '80s, more generally, when having this silly big hair would have been COMPLETELY acceptable. Or to before every exam I sat, when there was little competition and Bs were fine. I'd have made an effort and aced them all, because CVs linger.
CVs may linger, but you should have just lied like everyone else! Straight "A"s in every subject Cookie. I'd believe it!

W

Whiteknight

I have too many to put. Recently the last two Saturday's I have done some silly things .

I should have told a friend my truly feelings sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back