If white privilege is real then why don’t I have a butler, asks a really stupid man.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
A man is questioning the validity of the concept of white privilege because everything in his life isn’t perfect, according to reports this afternoon.

Dave Pile, 59, insisted to no one in particular that the very idea of white privilege is nonsense because poorer white children aren’t doing very well at school and because he doesn’t have a butler.

“I didn’t have a privileged upbringing – unless you want to call an upbringing free from any prejudice related to my skin colour as ‘privileged’, which would be a frankly stupid assertion.

“I drive a 6 year old car, only own one house, and my credit card has a couple of grand on it. If that’s what privilege looks like then you can shove it. And those poor white kids who are getting screwed in the name of racial equality, it’s awful.

“I mean yes, if you go back a few years when children from ethnic minorities were doing less well at school I was happy to lay the blame squarely at the feet of their families and their backgrounds, rather than anything inherent in the ‘system’ – but these latest results are nothing to do with the families of those poor white kids – this is one-hundred percent the fault of the ‘system’.

“No, I don’t see why that makes me a hypocrite.”

Meanwhile, intelligent people have repeatedly pointed out that ‘white privilege’ doesn’t mean white people have it easy, or that they don’t face many many hardships in life, it just means that their skin colour isn’t the reason for them.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A man is questioning the validity of the concept of white privilege because everything in his life isn’t perfect, according to reports this afternoon.

Dave Pile, 59, insisted to no one in particular that the very idea of white privilege is nonsense because poorer white children aren’t doing very well at school and because he doesn’t have a butler.

“I didn’t have a privileged upbringing – unless you want to call an upbringing free from any prejudice related to my skin colour as ‘privileged’, which would be a frankly stupid assertion.

“I drive a 6 year old car, only own one house, and my credit card has a couple of grand on it. If that’s what privilege looks like then you can shove it. And those poor white kids who are getting screwed in the name of racial equality, it’s awful.

“I mean yes, if you go back a few years when children from ethnic minorities were doing less well at school I was happy to lay the blame squarely at the feet of their families and their backgrounds, rather than anything inherent in the ‘system’ – but these latest results are nothing to do with the families of those poor white kids – this is one-hundred percent the fault of the ‘system’.

“No, I don’t see why that makes me a hypocrite.”

Meanwhile, intelligent people have repeatedly pointed out that ‘white privilege’ doesn’t mean white people have it easy, or that they don’t face many many hardships in life, it just means that their skin colour isn’t the reason for them.
laugh-slam.gif

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I'd like to cite male privilege here. Doesn't matter what colour skin you have, as a male, throughout history, your life has been less subjugated than a woman's. There's all kinds of privilege or lack of it. Do most people really not realise this? Of course we do. We don't need it forced down our throats ad nauseam so that certain factions can feel all self righteous and right on. I really can't stand all these woke shibboleths being bandied around in order to make everyone feel bad about themselves. We're yoking kids with guilt before they've even developed their brains. The world's gone fucking mad.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'd like to cite male privilege here. Doesn't matter what colour skin you have, as a male, throughout history, your life has been less subjugated than a woman's. There's all kinds of privilege or lack of it. Do most people really not realise this? Of course we do. We don't need it forced down our throats ad nauseam so that certain factions can feel all self righteous and right on. I really can't stand all these woke shibboleths being bandied around in order to make everyone feel bad about themselves. We're yoking kids with guilt before they've even developed their brains. The world's gone fucking mad.

Male privilege?

You have to be joking?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Back