I want more people to post in these Forums

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I believe one thing that prevents more people from posting in forums is the feeling of negativity. You try to come up with something very positive , worthwhile, inspiring and for some reason there is that one or two people that want to be different. They'll put a smart mouth or dirty comment, a cheapshot. Kinda hurts inside after you felt you did your best. Everyone is intitled and has the right to be heard , not sure what the answer is. Just my thoughts .
I agree with you about the negativity. Best to ignore the baiting, the scrollers, the agitators sniping away on the sidelines. Don't let it stop you posting.
I tend to just make my point and leave it at that. . . . ..It's not like i'm going to get anyone to change their mind, so what's the point in getting into a heated argument which invariably ends in a slanging match. I'd rather 'sleep on my sword', because for me, just knowing i'm in the right is enough.

S

Steven56

I agree with you about the negativity. Best to ignore the baiting, the scrollers, the agitators sniping away on the sidelines. Don't let it stop you posting.
I tend to just make my point and leave it at that. . . . ..It's not like i'm going to get anyone to change their mind, so what's the point in getting into a heated argument which invariably ends in a slanging match. I'd rather 'sleep on my sword', because for me, just knowing i'm in the right is enough.
Great point, great answer, nice way of doing what is correct. A peaceful solution.

Brass

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Well I notice that things are pretty quiet on the debate forum threads. Good debates are interesting . . . as long as insults are kept to a minimum and don't involve anyone's mother.

Brass

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
im trying to help it
Well alright then. Let's have a go at it.

I say the wind is caused by the swaying of trees fanning the air. It cannot be denied that the swaying of the trees coincides with the movement of air.

Your rebuttal?

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
your post confused me

I only responded to this thread as it is an old one that was reopened several weeks ago and is still being commented on.
What I would like to know is: HOW you can encourage people to post in the Forum.
Those that read them may or may not choose to comment. You can hardly force people to make a comment, can you?
If you are suggesting more people initiate threads then I fear that the Forum will be overrun by threads that get lost in the mire and, most likely, be repeated sooner rather than later.
I doubt that you will persuade chatters in chat rooms to get involved in Forum threads either, otherwise we would see more of them expressing an opinion or, less credibly, post a new thread.
Mind you, some seem to be under the impression that the Forum is an alternative place to chat to their friends.
:rolleyes:

P.S. Have you ever heard of the saying, 'less is more'?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm wondering WHY people use the forum, maybe I should do a poll? o_O
Why do you use the forum?
1. I contribute regularly, my opinion is important and must be heard
2. When I'm banned from chat I use it to vent my anger
3. Only use it to chat to my friends like it was some low-rent chat room.
4. To act like some Pseudo-intellectual so I can belittle people

Obviously I would tick box 1 :)

M

Markie

I wonder who would tick box 4....lol

Manorgasmian

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Being a box four is great but the benefits would probably be too subtle for you lot to understand.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

If you consider it of importance, then I, for one, insist that you start a poll. Not that I will, nay can, be afforded the facility to cast a vote but I will, nevertheless, offer my view on the matter as is my right as a member of UK Chat plc. :)
However, I think you might be required to offer a few more options than you have already proposed in consideration of those who use the Forum for various other reasons.
I wait in eager anticipation ....
:rolleyes:

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You do know if we post more Poco-loco has more work to do.

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Well alright then. Let's have a go at it.

I say the wind is caused by the swaying of trees fanning the air. It cannot be denied that the swaying of the trees coincides with the movement of air.

Your rebuttal?
It's all about cause and effect. The wind is the cause....the swaying is the effect. I know you know that, but I felt the need to write something!

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe one thing that prevents more people from posting in forums is the feeling of negativity. You try to come up with something very positive , worthwhile, inspiring and for some reason there is that one or two people that want to be different. They'll put a smart mouth or dirty comment, a cheapshot. Kinda hurts inside after you felt you did your best. Everyone is intitled and has the right to be heard , not sure what the answer is. Just my thoughts .
Yep! same people too eh.

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score

None apply. I use it for a bit of whimsical fun. x

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Sadly, you're right. It puts the dampers on any decent conversation when someone seems to log into a site with the sole purpose of putting others down.

Back