I got a dentist!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Yeah, can you believe it. He was open and he gave me an appointment. Been going to this practice for many years and boy, has Corona changed it.
WE had to wait outside in the raging sun, until the exact time of our appointment and then we were invited in, fully masked, and had our hands splashed with some stuff. Then we had to answer a questionnaire about our health...ten questions! Then, after having our hands splashed again, sign it as being all true!
Then we were told to sit in separated chairs until called in for treatment,
This vision was waiting for me, like something out of Doctor Who.
Sat me down and dealt with me tooth in seconds,, ,how do they do that,,,,fillings used to take much more time.
Anyhow, I then saw the hygienist, who was also dressed like a spaceman, I was surprised I was allowed to take me mask off as they did their stuff.
All done though and for three hundred quid I now have a comfortable mouth.
And I can just remember the days of free teeth, glasses, prescriptions and more ...on the old NHS!

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yeah, can you believe it. He was open and he gave me an appointment. Been going to this practice for many years and boy, has Corona changed it.
WE had to wait outside in the raging sun, until the exact time of our appointment and then we were invited in, fully masked, and had our hands splashed with some stuff. Then we had to answer a questionnaire about our health...ten questions! Then, after having our hands splashed again, sign it as being all true!
Then we were told to sit in separated chairs until called in for treatment,
This vision was waiting for me, like something out of Doctor Who.
Sat me down and dealt with me tooth in seconds,, ,how do they do that,,,,fillings used to take much more time.
Anyhow, I then saw the hygienist, who was also dressed like a spaceman, I was surprised I was allowed to take me mask off as they did their stuff.
All done though and for three hundred quid I now have a comfortable mouth.
And I can just remember the days of free teeth, glasses, prescriptions and more ...on the old NHS!

Not how ours is operating,
wait in car park phone to say your there some one come out to get in full kit , not allowed to touch the handles on doors, only you .. who is being treated to go in splash hands , then u sign paperwork , again splash hands then you go in to dentist whose in full kit again no touching doors at all
sit in chair checks ut whats what no drilling allowed , no pulling of teeth so if in pain suffer or they send you to dental hospital.
the you leave any claims to be made must be done by email [ insurance claim backs ]
and all this is for treatment of a root he left in before last xmas . still in . Its now a waiting game as to and when he can do it

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I got a root too. I chickened out of having it removed a couple of years ago. so he drilled it a bit, slapped a filling on top, and off I went, very relieved. Three years later...that was yesterday, he took x rays, said all was well. buffed up the filling...done.
I like watch and wait...it's less painful.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Well have i got a dentist story.
I went yesterday, ive sat in the dentist chair.
15 blokes turned up in hard hats turned up, set up scaffold, then took off the roof.
Then 6 cranes, arrived, 5 skips, then the police had to shut the road!
Massive tooth it was.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I got a root too. I chickened out of having it removed a couple of years ago. so he drilled it a bit, slapped a filling on top, and off I went, very relieved. Three years later...that was yesterday, he took x rays, said all was well. buffed up the filling...done.
I like watch and wait...it's less painful.
lo no this root has to go by way not me who has it lol hubby.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well have i got a dentist story.
I went yesterday, ive sat in the dentist chair.
15 blokes turned up in hard hats turned up, set up scaffold, then took off the roof.
Then 6 cranes, arrived, 5 skips, then the police had to shut the road!
Massive tooth it was.

Back