Honest answer Required

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
Lets say you were walking along the street, on way home from the local shop groceries in hand and looking forward to making your favourite chips, beans and fried egg with a few mushrooms thrown in cos you're such a sheet cook and err that's all you know how to make..or just walking along with your doggie maybe, maybe forget the doggie you not even walking , you in a wheelchair and wheelchairing back home but still have the groceries and are still a sheet cook. It matters not.

Point is, as you are travelling back to your home, you notice some one across the road from peripheral corner of your eye view slump all of a sudden to the floor. It's an old woman. Well ok not old but in her 70's. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to even mention the age. I changed me mind, it was a young boy, 8 year old, slumped to the floor, unconcious. Lucky for him an ambulance happened tpo be coming by juuust at that exact moment! Paramedic jumps out and tends to him, as you walk across the road he looks up at you and says. " he's going to die am afriad, unless some one offers their liver"..in other words, you give him your liver , he lives, gets to spend the rest of his life happy, starts a family and the rest of it, but yours ends.

Would you do it?
Not an easy choice to make is it/
image_2023-09-11_164835139.png

paolinho

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
So therefore you're asking if human life is precious .... would be an absolute NO from me

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
So therefore you're asking if human life is precious .... would be an absolute NO from me
Well, no one can deny that was not an honest answer.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
No need for either of you to die.

Non-directed altruistic liver donation

You don't give up your whole liver. Only a small part of it, such is the livers great ability to cope.

(quote) A living liver donor is a person who gives part of their liver to someone with liver failure who needs a transplant (the recipient). This could be a friend or family member, or someone they do not already know.

Save a life!

NHS link - (shortened by tinyurl) - What is living liver donation?

2nd NHS link - Donating part of your liver

3rd NHS link - How living organ donors change lives

Last edited:

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
No need for either of you to die.

Non-directed altruistic liver donation

You don't give up your whole liver. Only a small part of it, such is the livers great ability to cope.

(quote) A living liver donor is a person who gives part of their liver to someone with liver failure who needs a transplant (the recipient). This could be a friend or family member, or someone they do not already know.

Save a life!

NHS link - (shortened by tinyurl) - What is living liver donation?

2nd NHS link - Donating part of your liver

3rd NHS link - How living organ donors change lives
Yerss clever cloggs but for the sake of this my own made up thread, thats not allowed!

HappyNutz

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Easy solution - there are two paramedics in an ambulance.
Someone has to die, but doesn't necessarily mean you...

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Easy, give up the liver, I'm an old fart with no wife or kids.
Give the kid a chance.
Although if he turns out to be another Stalin, wouldnt be my fault.

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
Easy, give up the liver, I'm an old fart with no wife or kids.
Give the kid a chance.
Although if he turns out to be another Stalin, wouldnt be my fault.
First one who doesnt mind giving his life to save a strangers. In fairy tales, they always turn out to be the hero

NickUK

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Its a rather bizzare question if you don't mind me saying...
You would have to have a pretty shitty life if you were to do it...

Blankgeneration

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
4th Wick film was good! I enjoyed it. As for the question, have at it but I think my liver would do more harm than good to the recipient lol Don't know if it would be a cruelty or a kindness lol

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
Its a rather bizzare question if you don't mind me saying...
You would have to have a pretty shitty life if you were to do it...
ayy.. no point asking something that doesn't force you to think hard, never know, might find yourself in a situation like that then youl be glad you already gave it some thought. haha

W

wizbitrainbow

Lets say you were walking along the street, on way home from the local shop groceries in hand and looking forward to making your favourite chips, beans and fried egg with a few mushrooms thrown in cos you're such a sheet cook and err that's all you know how to make..or just walking along with your doggie maybe, maybe forget the doggie you not even walking , you in a wheelchair and wheelchairing back home but still have the groceries and are still a sheet cook. It matters not.

Point is, as you are travelling back to your home, you notice some one across the road from peripheral corner of your eye view slump all of a sudden to the floor. It's an old woman. Well ok not old but in her 70's. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to even mention the age. I changed me mind, it was a young boy, 8 year old, slumped to the floor, unconcious. Lucky for him an ambulance happened tpo be coming by juuust at that exact moment! Paramedic jumps out and tends to him, as you walk across the road he looks up at you and says. " he's going to die am afriad, unless some one offers their liver"..in other words, you give him your liver , he lives, gets to spend the rest of his life happy, starts a family and the rest of it, but yours ends.

Would you do it?
Not an easy choice to make is it/
View attachment 13664
If I matched no questions asked I would assist.

Back