Homeless

cookierockz

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Ok be honest people if a homeless person needed resuscitating would you give mouth to mouth? if so why? if not why? just interested in your views.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Curious as to why you chose 'homeless person' as an example? And are you asking Covid or non Covid?

I would. Without a moments hesitation.

With training, M2M can be performed safely. It is crucial to keep the heart pumping, if it is a CPR situation. Heart/O ratio, residual O to the brain. Get your local community to set up modern AED's around the area, grant funding, training/use is also available, for groups, charities, individuals etc. (at the latest info) Or, FA/LS training course/s

FA/LS, something that should be taught in every school across the UK. It promotes confidence, self respect/respect and much more.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'd have to think about it, hopefully by the time I came to a decision someone else would have stepped in. It's easy to be brave and do the right thing in hypothetical situations.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I apologise for going slightly off-topic, but It got me thinking of the time I was filling up at the petrol station. I was the only one there apart from a Securicor type van collecting cash from the shop. A car pulled up, three men jumped out, all dressed in black carrying pick-axe handles and ran into the shop. The screams from the girl cashier chilled me to the bone. Do you know what i did? I carried on filling the car up, and drove off. I went back the next day and paid for the petrol, how bloody pathetic., eh? In a hypothetical situation I would have risked a pick-axe handle in the face and gone into the shop to see if the girl was ok. You just don't know how you will react to situations till you find yourself in those situations.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Once performed CPR on a 71 yr old lady, who had collapsed and stopped breathing/heart stopped, at a counter while paying her council tax. Probably the shock!

Two of us working on her for 25 min plus until the ambulance turned up. It was exhausting. At an early stage there was vomit, I can still remember the taste, scrapping it off my face and out of her mouth with my fingers. Unfortunately she didn't survive, she was dead before she hit the floor really.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Most 1st aid trained ppl carry a kit in said kit is a mask type thing that can be use to place over the collapsed person's mouth.

Last edited:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
First aid during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic - HSE news

Health and Safety Exec. -
First aid during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

quote - 'Before starting CPR, to minimise transmission risk, use a cloth or towel to cover the patient’s mouth and nose, while still permitting breathing to restart following successful resuscitation'

Only deliver CPR by chest compressions and use a defibrillator (if available) – don’t do rescue breaths'

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Ladyonarooftop, i too had the misfortune, of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I was in a post office, cashing my giro in 1994, this guy burst in, in a mask, put a knife in my side, and said do you ever want to see your wife again?
No i said.
Then me and the robber had a laugh!

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
I apologise for going slightly off-topic, but It got me thinking of the time I was filling up at the petrol station. I was the only one there apart from a Securicor type van collecting cash from the shop. A car pulled up, three men jumped out, all dressed in black carrying pick-axe handles and ran into the shop. The screams from the girl cashier chilled me to the bone. Do you know what i did? I carried on filling the car up, and drove off. I went back the next day and paid for the petrol, how bloody pathetic., eh? In a hypothetical situation I would have risked a pick-axe handle in the face and gone into the shop to see if the girl was ok. You just don't know how you will react to situations till you find yourself in those situations.

You for one are naturally inclined to respond that way, what were you going to do, run into nearest phone booth and change into superdooperwoman?
You did good. I think you "carried on filling up" to make sure she wasn't hurt personally.

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
Ok be honest people if a homeless person needed resuscitating would you give mouth to mouth? if so why? if not why? just interested in your views.
I would if I knew how to, what do you do hold their nose, breath in, press chest like 4 times, sorry pump chest like 4 or 5 times, wait a few seconds then repeat?..if that's right and def that's what was needed, yea i would. fact they are homeless is really sad.

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
oh btw, last thing I would give a sh** about is getting covid if thought would save someones life.

C

CrazyCatLady

Yes. I usually have a plastic lunch bag in my handbag- shake off the crumbs, punch a large thumbhole through it and hey presto- a mouth protector.
But with no lunch bag- I don't think I'd be bothered about catching anything. In my youth, I stuck my tongue down many a throat and didn't have a clue what they had or where they'd been, so I'd risk it to save a life.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
There is currently a campaign to have defibrillators on hand with trained personnel in all public spaces.

Support this campaign, they really do save lives.

Back