Help/advice needed on video rendering with the H264 codec for 4k.

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
I'm using AECC2018 & AE 2020.
I've been rendering in MP4 but want better footage (true 4k) without the huge filesize, I'm struggling to get the H264 codec working because I don't have the option in the codecs "basic video settings" to change the level to 5.1
I'm getting the dreaded error - warning: output file will be resized.

anyone know a good codec for 4k that matches the output render quality of after effects quicktime H246?
(dont say lossless I want minimal filesize)
tar

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
for future info if anyone else needs to know, I fixed it, you just needed to update your adobe media encoder & run it through that,
works great for Ultra 4k check out these baby horses playing with my drone!

Last edited:

termo

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Cool footage mate with a good tune, I shared it to the room, also a thumbs up and like on channel.

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
Cool footage mate with a good tune, I shared it to the room, also a thumbs up and like on channel.
thank you mate personally I'm a little afraid of horses, but the drone allows me to get near them, I never knew they were playful!
and never knew they had such long eyelashes lol

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
for future info if anyone else needs to know, I fixed it, you just needed to update your adobe media encoder & run it through that,
works great for Ultra 4k check out these baby horses playing with my drone!

Great footage mate.
Up until about a minute or so had the drone shadow in camera, would come from a different angle to prevent that.
Just me being anal :)
Had a few frame stutters in 1440p with the swans, had serious green fuzz in 1080, but 4k looked great so probably youtube.

Horses are great btw, used to muck out stables when I was a kid, got thrown by a Shetland pony lol.
Little fecker threw me right in the manure pile.

Just approach slowly with arms by your side, palms toward them if you have a carrot, always worked for me, they will come to you.

A horse will never deliberatly run over someone, in my experience, unless it's a destrier and taught to do so lol.
I got caught in a stable with a pissed off mare giving birth, she kicked all around but never hit me.

Good luck with your filming, will follow at some point, love all kinds of photography and some of those shot would make brilliant stills. ;)

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
Great footage mate.

Just approach slowly with arms by your side, palms toward them if you have a carrot, always worked for me, they will come to you.

A horse will never deliberatly run over someone, in my experience, unless it's a destrier and taught to do so lol.
I got caught in a stable with a pissed off mare giving birth, she kicked all around but never hit me.

Good luck with your filming, will follow at some point, love all kinds of photography and some of those shot would make brilliant stills. ;)
thanks a lot for the advice it means a lot because it's a phycological thing I've had from age 7 when I Was attacked by a horse!
Respect, and as for the shaky footage I think you should check your internet speed... connection, it's solid

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
thanks a lot for the advice it means a lot because it's a phycological thing I've had from age 7 when I Was attacked by a horse!
Respect, and as for the shaky footage I think you should check your internet speed... connection, it's solid
Nah my internet speed is ok, I think it's youtube and thier stupid compression as usual.
1080p seems to be bad for most videos, I think its because they save bandwidth because its the most common resolution to view.

Back