Heat or eat.

S

Saphire

More and more I am hearing people say they are now having to choose whether to heat their homes properly and cut down on food bills, alternatively, they have stopped heating their homes adequately, so they can afford food.

Not a good position to be in for one of the wealthiest countries in the world.:rolleyes:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
More and more I am hearing people say they are now having to choose whether to heat their homes properly and cut down on food bills, alternatively, they have stopped heating their homes adequately, so they can afford food.

Not a good position to be in for one of the wealthiest countries in the world.:rolleyes:
Blame the Brexit ;blame the Pandemic; blame anything but NOT Boris and his gang ! lolol :)

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score

We get screwed for everything in this country. I often wonder how the migrants get on when they discover our streets aren't paved with gold and food prices are eight times higher than back home. Shell have just announced a massive profit and our fuel prices keep going up and up. As for blaming Boris, this has been going on forever. Doesn't matter who sits in Downing Street. Nothing changes.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I wonder how many of those very same people have multi-room, wide screen tv's with Sky/cable/Broadband, the latest phones..pets etc Now I'm not suggesting they eat the pet :eek: but come on.
I think the food banks should be doing a hell of a lot more. An all-you-can-eat happy hour for instance.

Last edited:
S

Saphire

The government, though quite usesless in levelling out any wealth in this country, can't be blamed for everything.
Energy prices have shot up globally.
One thing is for sure, some people will be making billions from the pockets of all the little people.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Just eat hot curries, problem solved. ;)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I suspect the millions of families in the UK who genuinly will have to miss meals because the gas and electricity bills are set to double, wont be joking about it.

The price of being green.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
More the price of being ripped off I would have thought.

Depends what you want.

Recycling plastics cost more in energy than creating new plastic from oil.
However, that energy has to come from somewhere.
So we burn something else to recycle plastic, thereby saving oil at the cost of gas, or coal.

Recycling firms almost never make money, they are subsidised by government.

S

Saphire

"The UK’s Big Six energy companies raked in more than a billion pounds of profit ahead of this record hike in bills.

The highest earner, SSE, made £600m alone in profit before taxes, according to annual accounts published by the energy regulator Ofgem. Last month, the Scottish energy company was forced to apologise for advising customers to “do star jumps” to keep their energy bills down.
E.On, Scottish Power and Centrica, which owns British Gas, made a further £622m before tax between them."

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"The UK’s Big Six energy companies raked in more than a billion pounds of profit ahead of this record hike in bills.

The highest earner, SSE, made £600m alone in profit before taxes, according to annual accounts published by the energy regulator Ofgem. Last month, the Scottish energy company was forced to apologise for advising customers to “do star jumps” to keep their energy bills down.
E.On, Scottish Power and Centrica, which owns British Gas, made a further £622m before tax between them."
No wonder they're all jumping on the New Green Deal agenda. They're making a fortune.

Back