Guess the film thread

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Dodge Challenger 1970 features very prominently in my one I posted. If you get it from the Charlotte Rampling scene my hat off to you!
I thought it might have been 'The Night Porter', but then you gave a clue 'Dodge Challenger', so definitely not. :)
No, try again, here's a clue associated with the film- 28 years..:)
I've read the book and believe me when I say that it was a tough old read. The '28 years' clue rings a bell, i'm sure that was how long he was marooned on the island. It's a Robinson Crusoe movie, but i couldn't say which one, or the actor's name.

Edit:
I've just noticed in my TV guide that there's a Robinson Crusoe movie on 'Talking Pictures tv' (Freeview channel 82) at 6.10 tonight, could it be that one? It's starring a chap called Dan O'Herlithy.

Last edited:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yes! An' are there two g's in bugger off!

local here 2.jpg

local hero 1.jpg

Last edited:

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I've read the book and believe me when I say that it was a tough old read. The '28 years' clue rings a bell, i'm sure that was how long he was marooned on the island. It's a Robinson Crusoe movie, but i couldn't say which one, or the actor's name.

Edit:
I've just noticed in my TV guide that there's a Robinson Crusoe movie on 'Talking Pictures tv' (Freeview channel 82) at 6.10 tonight, could it be that one? It's starring a chap called Dan O'Herlithy.

Yeah that's the one, in the book he was marooned for 28 years..:)

Blankgeneration

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Not read Robinson Crusoe in many a moon. great book. The one I posted is called Vanishing Point well worth a watch. Avoid the remake. The scene I posted was deleted in some cuts of the film.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,
They slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe.
Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my open mind,
Possessing and caressing me.
Jai Guru Deva Om.
Nothing's gonna change my world.

'Nothing is as simple as Black and White'

1683455665065.jpeg

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Gregory's Girl!

Another excellent Bill Forsyth movie. Two years before 'Local Hero'.
At a push, out of those two great movies I would favour Local Hero, but I do love Clare Grogan. I was gutted when the producer of Red Dwarf replaced her with another actor. The reason being, supposedly, that he wanted a 'different feel' to the part. But really, he felt she was getting too old. (even though she's younger than all the male actors in the show) :rolleyes:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,
They slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe.
Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my open mind,
Possessing and caressing me.
Jai Guru Deva Om.
Nothing's gonna change my world.

'Nothing is as simple as Black and White'

View attachment 12674
I think that might be Pleasantville. If you get a chance, try and catch the series 'Wandavision'. The first couple of episodes are in B/W, very similar to Pleasantville. It then goes on to superhero stuff. A very bizarre show :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I think it's Boris Karloff ^^^^ but I couldn't hazard a guess at the movie.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Michael Crawford may be better known as Frank Spencer in the comedy Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em, or for the musicals Barnum and Phantom of the Opera. But he made movies in the 1960's...
dolly-10658367_2 - Copy.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I think that might be Pleasantville. If you get a chance, try and catch the series 'Wandavision'. The first couple of episodes are in B/W, very similar to Pleasantville. It then goes on to superhero stuff. A very bizarre show :)

I've been a fan of the MCU for years. So WandaVision is right there for me. The more bizarre the better *lol*

Back