Grrrrrr......The most annoying, irritating and selfish ever!

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
I think my issue is people is people taking the parking spots. I don't know how the badge system over there is, but anyone with a disability that could potentially effect mobility gets a hang tag or a handi license plate for their cars . This includes short term disabilities like surgeries and broken limbs, etc. I hate seeing people without badges and plates parking in these spots. I think its a pet peeve of mine. I don't judge on the toilets so much.

A

AGirlHasNoName

Over here you can only get a badge for parking if you have a long term disability and you have to go through many assessments to gain one, we also have special parking spots for parents with babies/toddlers which don't require any kind of badge or permit just the presence of a little one. Anyone who uses those spots knowing full well they don't need it are awful humans 100%, it's so hard to tell though I think, what looks normal to us could be someones pain, definitely a sensitive issue this one.

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
So I have a story from last year. I was shopping at Target (for those who dont know, its like a higher quality primark), and had to stop off to the toilet. When I was washing my hands, this old lady goes up to the disabled stall and started yelling through the partitions at the person in them, The women in the disabled came out, pants around her ankles, full arm cast on and starts yelling back about how she needs extra room to change her menstrual cup, stalks back into the stall, and the look on the older ladies face was amazing. That's why i don't judge in the toilets so much, but omgosh.

J

JustinCredible

In the UK we have the blue badge system for disabled parking which basically allows you to park anywhere as long as you're not causing an obstruction and in specially marked disabled bays. just display your badge on your dashboard and away you go. No badge showing will often get you a ticket as the parking wardens are often on the prowl. The system works well. The problem we often see here is people with no discernible disability using a blue badge, so people get judged. But you have to remember not every disability is visible . Mrs Justin has a blue badge and I must admit it IS infuriating when there are no parking spaces and you see people strolling away from the disabled bay. . .but you just never know.

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
Ugh that would drive me even more crazy! The way I see it here, anyone with a tag, and its either a dash tag like yours or a license plate, I would never even dare to judge them, even if they looked okay from the outside. One of my best friends has MS. We are in our early 30's and its early stages for her, so she can do normal things, but she gets tired easy. She has a tag. I would be sooo angry if anyone gave her crap for parking close. Thanks for explaining the blue badges to me over there btw! I plan on spending tons of time in Manchester in the future, as that is where my husband is from, but I know next to nothing about things like that!

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
So sorry to hear you son is disabled Retiremunter and I cant see how he is not entitled to a blue badge.... you maybe need to apply? I do know not every disability is visible, however the amount of abuse of this service is far beyond comprehension. People who are disabled need as much support as they can get.

Last edited:

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Remember Justin that it is easy to see who the badge belongs to as it has a photograph of the owner on the other side ..... and if in doubt the parking attendant,warden or police can ask to view it at anytime. I just wish they would be more observant at times.

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Remember Justin that it is easy to see who the badge belongs to as it has a photograph of the owner on the other side ..... and if in doubt the parking attendant,warden or police can ask to view it at anytime. I just wish they would be more observant at times.
Wotever. You aren't even talking on skype so I logged off there

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
In reply to The girl has no name..... any disabled person or someone with other problems can easily get a radar key to use the locked disabled toilets. The telephone number for this service is displayed in most directorys or on google for a small fee of about £5.00 per key I believe.

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
You could try to be more observant too Jude. You didn’t even speak to me last night

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
You could try to be more observant too Jude. You didn’t even speak to me last night

I Fancy KATE on here...! She NEVER replies to me...Whats the haps?

I don't know...but not everyone is on-line at the same time...!

Perhaps Jude was off-line..?

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
No Altair ... Mac expects a reply immediately regardless of if I am here, on another site, or on skype. Thing is I only have 1 computer, a pair of hands and cant be in multiple places at once. I only use my pc at night and reply to everyone as soon as I can.

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I Fancy KATE on here...! She NEVER replies to me...Whats the haps?

I don't know...but not everyone is on-line at the same time...!

Perhaps Jude was off-line..?
I dont think she was off because I saw her posting on here unless my skype was slow

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
No Altair ... Mac expects a reply immediately regardless of if I am here, on another site, or on skype. Thing is I only have 1 computer, a pair of hands and cant be in multiple places at once. I only use my pc at night and reply to everyone as soon as I can.
I dont expect a reply right away but not every three hours either

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I dont expect a reply right away but not every three hours either

I will always reply to you Mac as soon as I can...........in fact yesterday was my sons stag night and his fiance was with me until very late so not much time on pc.

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I will always reply to you Mac as soon as I can...........in fact yesterday was my sons stag night and his fiance was with me until very late so not much time on pc.

Oh okay. I think my skype was wonky because I didn't get message until today

Back