Growing

W

Wren

Crops in pots
So I was wondering if anyone would like to share gardening ideas, pictures or anything plants-pots or gardening related comments.

I've been growing a new bean I also think I potted it out too soon and slight frost damage in one of the pots.
Still waiting to see if the recover. Blue Lake climbing beans.

I've also started a grow of salad and this first attempt has been successful. (I've a lot of lettuce to eat-and it keeps on growing)

I've a tiny garden and would like to give it a water feature any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated and useful as this plan I very early stages and is most likely on a bendy road of change.

Indoor pots and plants ...any ideas...? .....thanks in advance

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've a tiny garden and would like to give it a water feature any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated
If your garden's not in the shade, it might be worth considering a solar powered water feature. They're very easy to set up, eco-friendly and seem to attract a lot of birds .. . .

W

Wren

If your garden's not in the shade, it might be worth considering a solar powered water feature. They're very easy to set up, eco-friendly and seem to attract a lot of birds .. . .
Yes quite small it is but indeed a sun catcher space, I've looked at solar power pumps.
Just need to figure how to use the pot .. ..
Thanks for the suggestion :)

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I had new water butt , so old one has spuds planted in it.. lettuce seem in short supply here in shops so i got some seeds today to grow some. thinking of moving the bird bath from the edge of garden to middle see what come to bathe.
have Robins and wrens nesting in hedges. so wont be trimming them for some time.

W

Wren

I had new water butt , so old one has spuds planted in it.. lettuce seem in short supply here in shops so i got some seeds today to grow some.
Ooh that's so exciting seed to salad .. good luck in that , mine have gone massive , I've a few different types ,Rocket, gem, web
But didn't realise that fresh lettuce keeps in growing , I'm clipping salad leaves daily.
I was unable to upload any images :( can't seem to figure out how to made this needed code.
But my images wood be like,,, tiny,,,lots of :)
I have done how this year killed two cucumber plants, so disappointing. That pant usually thrives in this soil.
Like the idea of keeping potatoes in the waterbutt, I had them in the ground one year and it took up a whole boarder. This year I've just two plants and have kept them way back from the main part of the garden. :) Next year I might have found a waterbutt myself to upcycle. Thank you :)

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I thought I might try tomatoes again. I gave up the veg garden a few years ago, it became too much, now Mrs D plants flowers.
Couldn't find a packet of seeds anywhere, all bought up by preppers I suppose , however, my daughter found some plants for me, from a friend with an allotment.
Have dug some pots out of the shed and bought a big bag of stuff to grow them in. Now looking for some canes, to grow them up.
I had great success when I had a veg garden. I hope I can grow some really nice tomatoes, nothing like home grown and fresh as a , er, fresh grown tomato.
It's my new hobby!

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
PISSST mr Dong if u have a wilkinsons they got seeds. i got lecttuce and carrots for grandson yesterday.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
PISSST mr Dong if u have a wilkinsons they got seeds. i got lecttuce and carrots for grandson yesterday.
Tried them......sold out. No bother now, I got nice little plants to grow on. :cool::cool:

W

Wren

I thought I might try tomatoes again. I gave up the veg garden a few years ago, it became too much, now Mrs D plants flowers.
Couldn't find a packet of seeds anywhere, all bought up by preppers I suppose , however, my daughter found some plants for me, from a friend with an allotment.
Have dug some pots out of the shed and bought a big bag of stuff to grow them in. Now looking for some canes, to grow them up.
I had great success when I had a veg garden. I hope I can grow some really nice tomatoes, nothing like home grown and fresh as a , er, fresh grown tomato.
It's my new hobby!
Sounds like a perfect salad topper. :D hope ur crop is plenty too.
I've got four types of tomatoes growing, tumbling Tom yellows, marmande, garden Perl and garden delight. All currenty flowering.
:) Thanks for sharing

W

Wren

I grew carrots last year, they were in shallow pots and funded out small but chunky looking
I've ran out of pots and almost space too :)

W

Wren

Just updating .. the garden has taken to flower this wk , beans and such have begun growing too
Most excited about the "blue lake" type that have happened to display what can only be described as artificial leaves :p
I also did get the carrots,, two different types
I have Brussels and cabbage left to pot up .... Green is great!

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Hmmmm green is great indeed my friend!
Im no percy thrower, but whats the score here?
Mums the word wren, contact me in chat asap.
Police took my neighbour away yesterday, to jail for growing a plant he kept shouting.

W

Wren

Hmmmm green is great indeed my friend!
Im no percy thrower, but whats the score here?
Mums the word wren, contact me in chat asap.
Police took my neighbour away yesterday, to jail for growing a plant he kept shouting.
Score? That be crop count in future?
That kinda plant Ur neighbour was taken away for was not Ur garage tomato plant , for a guess.
Chat....?
Umm. Garden growing or house plans that are legally allowed only .. thnx

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Oh brother!
Been a awful mix up wren, sorry!
Im missing the, 70 odd people he has knocking his door every hour or so.
Maybe a case of you say tomato, i say tomaytoe!
I wouldnt grow it wren, because avon and somerset police are very strict.
The chief commander last year said people can grow up to 3 plants, and hes not going to hassel the cannabis community.
Its mixed messages on if its legal to grow it i feel wren?

W

Wren

Oh brother!
Been a awful mix up wren, sorry!
Im missing the, 70 odd people he has knocking his door every hour or so.
Maybe a case of you say tomato, i say tomaytoe!
I wouldnt grow it wren, because avon and somerset police are very strict.
The chief commander last year said people can grow up to 3 plants, and hes not going to hassel the cannabis community.
Its mixed messages on if its legal to grow it i feel wren?
Unsure can't comment
But ALL Plants are good :D

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well. you can't smoke what I am growing.
The tiny, wispy things I was given are now mighty, flowering tomatoes...and growing like a magic beanstalk.
It must be the home grown manure and the sunshine on the terrace.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Yes quite small it is but indeed a sun catcher space, I've looked at solar power pumps.
Just need to figure how to use the pot .. ..
Thanks for the suggestion :)

Back in the day we used to SMOKE it...! Hope that helps. :D

W

Wren

Well. you can't smoke what I am growing.
The tiny, wispy things I was given are now mighty, flowering tomatoes...and growing like a magic beanstalk.
It must be the home grown manure and the sunshine on the terrace.
Lovely! All things good top heavy also tasty :p Ys plz on the fresh slice , lightly buttered and salted too :eek: no mayo!

W

Wren

Loving the magic beanstalk idea :p mighty climb and marvelous rewards on route it's eat all u can :D

Back