Government hopes it goes away

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Covid upswing sees Government move quicker than ever before to ignore it and hope it goes away

friend.jpg
A huge increase in UK cases of Covid has seen the Government move quicker than ever before to ignore the virus and hope it goes away.

With new cases nearly doubled to over 100,000 since last week, the Government has sought to avoid previous criticism of acting too late by swinging into action and being immediately ignoring Covid and hoping it goes away.

“Cases are, increasing, that is to be expected, but we’re taking action immediately,” explained Sajid Javid.

“With immediate effect, I will be ignoring Covid and hoping it goes away. My whole department will do the same and I will be setting up, in the coming days, a special new task force who will be dedicated, 24/7, to ignoring Covid and hoping it goes away.”

My Javid then went on to explain what, in practical terms, ignoring Covid and hoping it goes away looks like.

“Well, ignoring it is easy. Look out of the window, have a cup of tea, watch one of those daytime repeats of Columbo that are always on. As for hoping it goes away, that’s a little more nebulous, but rest assured that both myself and my department will be really, really hoping it goes away. Lots.”

Mr Javid also confirmed Government plans that will come into effect if ignoring Covid and hoping it goes away fails.

“Same as usual really. Leave it far too late for anything anyone does to make a real impact then send out a load of mixed messages about masks.”

via ~ DailyViralToad

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

A swab test cannot misdiagnose flu or common cold as COVID-19

Social media users and covidiots on chat forums have been sharing an article saying any cold or common flu can be misdiagnosed as COVID-19.

The claim that tests can misdiagnose a common cold as COVID-19 are untrue. Swab tests used to diagnose COVID-19 are highly specific, experts say. Antibody tests, however, can establish if someone has antibodies from other coronaviruses, but they are not being used to diagnose COVID-19.

There are two main types of tests — a swab or a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test and an antibody test .

A swab test is used to diagnose whether a person has COVID-19 currently. Antibody tests to detect if someone has been infected by the novel coronavirus are being used by scientists to learn more about how many people have had the infection.

They are not widely available in Britain.

Scientists say the swab tests are specially designed to detect SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19.

“The specific nature of these sequences means that someone with flu or a common cold virus is highly unlikely to test positive for COVID-19,”

“The Covid PCR test has pretty good specificity and sensitivity so it’s not that much of a problem. The test is more likely to throw a false negative than it is a false positive,” Dr Joshua Moon, research fellow in the Science Policy Research Unit at the University of Sussex Business School, said.

A

AGirlHasNoName

COVID is never going away, we're stuck with it forever, wonder why they're hoping it goes away. Seems a bit silly to me

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
‘Experts say’…. Oh that’s ok then. It must be true. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was it the same ‘experts’ that said masks work? Or maybe the ones who said the vaccines were 100% effective and safe? Or possibly the ones that now admit that lockdowns were a massive error? Those experts?
No .those are YOUR experts sunshine :)

A

AGirlHasNoName

Probably need a regular jab each year to reduce the severity of Covid even if it can`t "cure" it( destroy it ?)

Yeah I do think it will be a seasonal jab like the flu one. To each their own whether they have it or not I hope it doesn't turn into another witch hunt for the unvaccinated though, that would be bad.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Just had word from a daughter . her partner is most likely to have Covid . She won`t even sleep in the same room with him now until it`s safe again( her words).Also she`s our closest relative but she won`t be visiting us for the same reasons. I think i`ll drag the car out and drive the 12 or so miles to rub shoulders with her fella and catch a minor cold eh ?:) snuffles for a few days and then it`s all back to normal. It`ll save me getting the killer "Vaccine " at least.
Btw, who is that compare in the early morning program on TV who`s husband has just come home from hospital after 2 years ? That`s one hell of a "common cold " eh ?.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

World Health Organisation to create new “Department of Karens” to help fight pandemic

friend.jpg

World Health Organisation to create new “Department of Karens” to help fight pandemic​

The WHO is pulling out all the stops to help fight the Coronavirus pandemic, including opening a brand new department consisting of nothing but people named Karen.

“If we have learned one thing from this outbreak it’s that internet commenters, especially those named Karen, know how to defeat this pandemic much better than we do.”

On almost all stories, articles, tweets and posts about the coronavirus pandemic there are numerous people posting comments who clearly know better than doctors and scientists on how to beat a pandemic.

“The WHO cannot be trusted” tweeted Karen O’Neill.

“Warm weather will naturally kills this virus. We just need to wait for the summer” according to Karen Newbury on Facebook.

“Essential oils and an adjustment from your chiropractor can cure almost anything, including coronavirus” claims chiropractor Karen Nelson.

''Vaccines cause AIDS and are killing millions of children, drinking your own urine will prevent you catching coronavirus'' stated chat forum doctor Karenkryst Opfurr

According to sources at the WHO, the new department will open immediately – provided they can find enough unqualified yet overconfident people named Karen.

via ~ DailyDunningKruger

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't turn into another witch hunt for the unvaccinated though, that would be bad.
That was never a law laid down by Government but all bosses have a right to try to protect their employees from Covid if they consider that to be reducing their custom/profit.
If Vaccines are proven to reduce the affects of Covid or prevent it altogether then ,unless they have a good reason ,people should take it and be thankful for the protection it affords.

A

AGirlHasNoName

That was never a law laid down by Government but all bosses have a right to try to protect their employees from Covid if they consider that to be reducing their custom/profit.
If Vaccines are proven to reduce the affects of Covid or prevent it altogether then ,unless they have a good reason ,people should take it and be thankful for the protection it affords.

Well the vaccines definitely don't prevent covid, and they definitely don't stop you from passing it on to others. They do reduce very severe illness though. It should always always be a choice, which it is and always will be now.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score

If a company insists their employees get vaccinated, then the choice is to get vaccinated or find another job.

Of course, companies have and will change policy now that Covid (or any other future virus) is a thing. Unless government legislation is introduced private businesses can and will take advantage and why wouldn't they. After all, the end game is profit and they are NOT a charity. Capitalism is NOT your benign uncle inviting you in for a custard cream and a nice cup of tea.

For example, sick pay has already been reduced in some sectors if you catch Covid and are not vaccinated. Why would I as a business owner put my livelihood at risk and also the livelihood of the people I employ (and am also responsible for) at risk?

If I employ 30 people in a small business and 15 people are off at any one-time self-isolating, irrespective of what strain of Covid it is, severe or mild, I would go bust very quickly and of course, this happened in the REAL world.

The vaccine program was VERY successful and would have been VERY successful in a much quicker timeframe had more people been vaccinated.

But then again... We have already discussed this 43523495485483403084564056949065 previously.

Back