GB News presenter quits.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
One of GB News’s leading presenters has quit after the channel tried to make him personally responsible for paying fines issued by the media regulator Ofcom.

Mark Steyn, who presented the station’s 8pm peak-time slot, is already subject to two investigations by the media regulator after he used his show to cast doubt on the safety of Covid vaccines.

Good riddance to utter trash.

The contractual terms offered to Steyn suggest GB News bosses are concerned about the impending judgment in the Ofcom investigations – which could scare away some of its remaining advertisers. Earlier this year, all staff were put on mandatory Ofcom training.

Even better will be when this sham "news" channel is shut down for good and, which is inevitable. :rolleyes:

Kev45

Reaction score
Steyn, who was employed on a freelance basis, said his response was that “you may be a homicidal maniac intent on bringing on a third fatal heart attack but you’ll have to do better than this”.

The presenter said he used to call GB News’s in-house compliance officer “Ofcom’s b****” when they argued about what he was allowed to say on air.

“Well Ofcom’s b**** has had his revenge now,” said Steyn in his video.

Steyn said the proposal would be untenable. “I’m on the hook for Ofcom fines but I don’t have any say in our defence against an Ofcom complaint – that’s all done by GB News. Ofcom’s b****, as I call the compliance officer, will be making the weedy defence to Ofcom, and then I’m the one who has to pay the £40,000 fine,” he added.

Professional? Punished for what he claimed? What a scumbag.

Kev45

Reaction score
I am certain insulting work colleagues responsible for content, ie their job, for one of the most important organisations in that sector, "Ofcom's bit*h, is how all professional newsreaders behave and not just this cowboy.

The hard right and their permanent victim status. It's always everyone else's fault. Thank god, this man has now been erased from TV and will now only attract the loons in total obscurity on YouTube.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
One of GB News’s leading presenters has quit after the channel tried to make him personally responsible for paying fines issued by the media regulator Ofcom.

Mark Steyn, who presented the station’s 8pm peak-time slot, is already subject to two investigations by the media regulator after he used his show to cast doubt on the safety of Covid vaccines.

Good riddance to utter trash.

The contractual terms offered to Steyn suggest GB News bosses are concerned about the impending judgment in the Ofcom investigations – which could scare away some of its remaining advertisers. Earlier this year, all staff were put on mandatory Ofcom training.

Even better will be when this sham "news" channel is shut down for good and, which is inevitable. :rolleyes:
hand clap.gif

Kev45

Reaction score
100%, it is always someone else's fault when it comes to the hard right. It was GB New's fault he abused work colleagues just doing their job. Demanded carte blanche to say what he liked and when he liked, despite being warned on multiple occasions that it broke Ofcom's code of conduct. Putting at risk a multi-million business he is employed by, and putting at risk hundreds of other peoples jobs in the chain. It was their fault, he made false claims that were not backed by scientific evidence. Ofcom of course are corrupt because he believed his own press, and he thought he was billy big b^llocks.

The grimy world of the hard right, paranoid conspiracy theorist.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Steyn, who was employed on a freelance basis, said his response was that “you may be a homicidal maniac intent on bringing on a third fatal heart attack but you’ll have to do better than this”.

The presenter said he used to call GB News’s in-house compliance officer “Ofcom’s b****” when they argued about what he was allowed to say on air.

“Well Ofcom’s b**** has had his revenge now,” said Steyn in his video.

Steyn said the proposal would be untenable. “I’m on the hook for Ofcom fines but I don’t have any say in our defence against an Ofcom complaint – that’s all done by GB News. Ofcom’s b****, as I call the compliance officer, will be making the weedy defence to Ofcom, and then I’m the one who has to pay the £40,000 fine,” he added.

Professional? Punished for what he claimed? What a scumbag.
hand clap.gif

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Great thread!
I've often wondered how GBnews was funded, it can't be through advertising, have you seen the ads? The same ones running over and over, the channel can't be making much from them. I mean, one ad is from a gold buying company that operates from what looks like a market stall!

I'm sorry to hear Mark Steyn has left the channel. Other than 'Headliners' every night and 'Free Speech Nation' on Sundays, his and Neil Oliver's were the only other shows I would try and catch. I used to be an avid viewer of GBnews but it became very repetitive, hosts would talk over any guest they disagreed with, it got very irksome.

Kev45

Reaction score
Wait, hold on, LOL, GB News is now also controlled by Bill Gates as well and although the resident conspiracy theorist has quoted from it on countless occasions.

F**** all to do with breaking Ofcom rules who monitor news organizations and which threatens GB News future.

It must be true, the hard right "BitChute" says so.

So amusing.

Kev45

Reaction score
"Times change" says the deranged ape who has been sticking to the same story for the past three years. :D

Back