Football

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Both North East clubs Middlesbrough and Blunderland! were in the semi-final play-offs to be promoted to the Premier league. We were dreaming of an all North East final guaranteeing that one of them would go up. Both of them got beat - the worst possible outcome! Football can be a cruel game at times... :(

Cirdan

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Both North East clubs Middlesbrough and Blunderland! were in the semi-final play-offs to be promoted to the Premier league. We were dreaming of an all North East final guaranteeing that one of them would go up. Both of them got beat - the worst possible outcome! Football can be a cruel game at times... :(
It can be indeed! My team has been stuck in the same crummy league for six or seven seasons now :rolleyes:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Never got football, 25 grown men chasing a dead pig.
Always baffled me.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Incidentally I had a trial for Leicester City F.C. in 1969; our team of triallists against another team of triallists, and I played a blinder, hitting the back of the net twice in our 4-2 victory, so I went home to wait for the manager to call round with the sign up papers..:)
53 years later i'm still waiting...

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
In the men's game, when a player is about to be tackled from the blindside, to warn him, players and fans shout 'Man On!'. In the women's game do they still shout 'man on', or some other audible warning?

paolinho

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I'd assume it would still be 'Man On', as 'Woman On' would effectively sound just about the same.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yes, 'Woman on' might be too much of a mouthful as the tackle may have already gone in. There's only one thing for it, to find out, i'll take one for the forum and go to a woman's football match.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Womens football.
Sorry, just no.
They need better uniforms, volleyball for example, they got it right.

o_O

Gonna wait for the hate.

(althought the way womens sports are going, men will be dominating that to soon enough, then hairy ass cheeks with skimpy shorts, no tanks)

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don't normally watch womens football but wasn't the England china game great, we got a free kick thirty yards out and the chinese built a great wall .

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The hounding of Mason Greenwood continues... It wasn't enough for him to be dumped by Man Utd, some now want him kicked out of the game for good. Give him a break. Whatever he did or didn't do, everyone is entitled to redemption. There's little forgiveness in this world...

As for 'kissgate'... If a female F.A official kissed a male player on the lips would there have been such an uproar? :rolleyes:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The hounding of Mason Greenwood continues... It wasn't enough for him to be dumped by Man Utd, some now want him kicked out of the game for good. Give him a break. Whatever he did or didn't do, everyone is entitled to redemption. There's little forgiveness in this world...

As for 'kissgate'... If a female F.A official kissed a male player on the lips would there have been such an uproar? :rolleyes:

The Mason Greenwood case is a sh** show.
Some, note I say some, women enjoy things that are not normally associated with what is deemed "Normal" sexual behaviour.
Is that accurate in this case, I have no idea.
Perhaps he was an asshole who took things to far.
I don't know.
Neither can anyone else who was not in the room it took place.

If one is inclined to those kind of behaviours, or rich, always have a recorded consent and/or a camera in place to cover your bases.

Sad I know, that there are both male and female predators in the world.
Not atributing blame in this case, we don't know.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I used to play for a pub team, and our goalie would suss out who the best player was on the other team, and at a corner would try fondling his bottom or a finger through the shorts, then say fancy a drink later,

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I wondered why he kept putting vaseline on his gloves in the dressing room, easy to get your fingers in through the shorts he said, ah I said, god they used to yelp

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The manager of Blunderland Sunderland says we don't like him because he's from London. If he got us in the play-offs we wouldn't care if he were from Mars!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Manchester Utd are considering applying for levelling-up money to rebuild Old Traffford so they can construct a 'Wembley of the 'North'.:rolleyes: Good luck with that. Didn't Wrexham try to pull a similar stunt? Asking for £20 million levelling-up money so the could build a new stand that would enable international football to be played in North Wales. They soon got short shrift.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Manchester Utd are considering applying for levelling-up money to rebuild Old Traffford so they can construct a 'Wembley of the 'North'.:rolleyes: Good luck with that. Didn't Wrexham try to pull a similar stunt? Asking for £20 million levelling-up money so the could build a new stand that would enable international football to be played in North Wales. They soon got short shrift.

I always laugh at this "Levelling Up" lingo government uses.
Are they all playing Dungeons and Dragons in their spare time.
Although now, Dimension 20, a site dedicated to Role Playing, are hosting Dungeons and Drag Queens.
Perhaps some MP's wish to change the dress code in chambers so they can better express their identity?

Ah well, sorry for the silly.
Having fun.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I was watching highlights of the Brentford game at the weekend. Three Liverpool players had to be taken off, two with what looked like very bad
injuries. It reminded me of something that happened in the U.S a few years ago that became known as 'Bountygate'. Players were given a bounty
(not the chocolate bar!) but cash, from their clubs to deliberately injure opposing players. I do hope that sort of thing doesn't make its way across the pond...

Back