Eurovision 2023

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The UK, coming second to the (fixed) winners of last year, Ukraine, hosted this year on their behalf. Liverpool being the home of British music (cos, ya know, Sonia came from there) were given the accosted task of being the city to host the circus. So, little less than a year later, the whole of Europe's (and Australia's) Eurovision family descend on the city of Sonia and take part in a debacle of dedication to....the UK! Apart from the Ukrainian presenter and flashes of places in Ukraine (none of which we war torn), they seemed to completely forget that the Ukraine won last year.
Oh, and not only that, the best the UK could do was throw some spoilt BRADA brat on stage, warbling an angry teenage rant that frankly, if she'd have presented that in a music class, would have got her a low C- at best. The fact that it has created an ear worm that makes me want to dig in to my skull with a screwdriver is irrelevant.
Honestly UK- we could have found another Sam Rider or bribed Ben Adams (Subwoolfer) to do something for us. For Christ's sake, we could have even dragged Lulu back for one more go. She used to turn up to the opening of envelope, so she wouldn't have turned that gig down. (Btw, where has she been lately? I miss Lulu!)
But no- we had Mae Muller and barely peaked over the mess that was Germany.

The winner, Sweden, who beat the dancing Brussel sprout from Finland, reminded me of a poor Cher impressionist and I am still left wondering what the heck she was singing and whether it was Swedish, English or Klingon she was singing in. Again, cries of 'Fix!' circulate. After all, it is the 50th anniversary of Abba winning it next year. :rolleyes:

Another year, another Eurovision disappointment.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yes, we came second to last, normal service has been resumed. :) I was more concerned with the dilemma Ukraine were placed in... Obviously they wanted to give us 12 points, but the UK entrant had slagged Boris off... A compromise all round was reached, they gave us 8 points. :rolleyes:

Back