Euro fighter better than a Mig 29 or Su35?

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I fancy in the hands of the RAF, the typhoon can take out anything flying.
The tempest,will i'm sure be even more effecive, rather like its propeller driven predecessor and its in line successor, the incomparable Hawker sea fury...

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
No response ?
That the Russian Federation can churn out model after model is drivvel.
Their economy is pathetically small. Putin is having a laugh ( even though i like him).

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
D
No response ?
That the Russian Federation can churn out model after model is drivvel.
Their economy is pathetically small. Putin is having a laugh ( even though i like him).
Dear fellow...i am not on here 24/7.

I reply to stuff when i'm here. Which isn't very often these days.

I admire your thoughts on the RAF with the Euro Fighter.

If the Russians wanted to beat us in the AIR or on the GROUND....They could. Without a shadow of doubt.

The Euro fighter is a nice thing..... in the right hands.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
D

If the Russians wanted to beat us in the AIR or on the GROUND....They could. Without a shadow of doubt.

Rubbish. without a shadow of a doubt. There economy is smaller than italy.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
D

Another thing, it's in the right hands, the RAF.
And by the way the aged F16, one from Turkey, made mincemeat out of the latest Russian fighter a few years ago and handed the crestfallen pilot back to russia. In fact no Russian made plane has ever even taken out on western fighter, in recent times. They are crap, like their ships and subs. the longest tank kill ever recorded was between a Challenger 1 which destroyed a T 55 at about 3 clicks, years ago.Why even the propeller driven Hawker sea fury took out jet migs ( engines British copies) over Korea ages ago. So stop making silly statements with nothing to back then up. It's annoying.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
And by the way the aged F16, one from Turkey, made mincemeat out of the latest Russian fighter a few years ago and handed the crestfallen pilot back to russia. In fact no Russian made plane has ever even taken out on western fighter, in recent times. They are crap, like their ships and subs. the longest tank kill ever recorded was between a Challenger 1 which destroyed a T 55 at about 3 clicks, years ago.Why even the propeller driven Hawker sea fury took out jet migs ( engines British copies) over Korea ages ago. So stop making silly statements with nothing to back then up.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
And another thing, even at its height, Soviet made tanks in the Korean war and later conflicts were annihilated by western counterparts. Israeli mothers hoped and prayed their sons were assigned to updated WW2 vintage British designed Centurion tanks which proved largely invulnerable in good hands. The yanks loved then in Korea. Indeed no Challenger tanks of whatever vintage have been destroyed by enemy fire. Nothing comes close.
The Kursk sub disaster was caused by a Torpedo room explosion, you know why ? they were using oudated, very dodgy propulsion systems of a type banned by the British and later the yanks, in the fifties.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Whilst I agree with a lot of what you have said Vulcan there is one threat the West has really underated for to long.
Both China and Russia have known about the major weakness of Western powers for decades, that of force projection.
Where a smaller force, i.e. a carrier, can project massive force in a localised area with almost impunity.
Hence the rapid research and deployment of platforms that can deliver hypersonic missiles from medium to long range.

The latest aircraft in the Chinese and Russian forces don't need to be able to dogfight, they need to get into range to deliver a payload thats all.
The only threat they would have is stealth based air to air which are usually very poor dogfighters, anything else they can avoid with ground radar co-ordination.

Even the latest laser based defence systems, a replacement, or co-defence system to CIWS simply cannot track fast enough or charge fast enough to fire on something doing mach 7.

So while the Eurofighter may be a better one on one dogfighter, that function is becoming more irrelevent as time goes on.
Especially given China's research into AI drone swarms, which as an anti aircraft ordanence is cheap, effective, easy to hide and mobile.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If that ageing Russian aircraft carrier that sailed through the English Channel recently, belching out large plumes of black smoke is the best that they can offer, the West hasn't much to worry about :rolleyes:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
And by the way the aged F16, one from Turkey, made mincemeat out of the latest Russian fighter a few years ago and handed the crestfallen pilot back to russia. In fact no Russian made plane has ever even taken out on western fighter, in recent times. They are crap, like their ships and subs. the longest tank kill ever recorded was between a Challenger 1 which destroyed a T 55 at about 3 clicks, years ago.Why even the propeller driven Hawker sea fury took out jet migs ( engines British copies) over Korea ages ago. So stop making silly statements with nothing to back then up. It's annoying.
It's also Annoying when someone comes along and thinks they know for FACT better than you do.

You obviously do not know what you are talking about.

I'll leave it at that.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Whilst I agree with a lot of what you have said Vulcan there is one threat the West has really underated for to long.
Both China and Russia have known about the major weakness of Western powers for decades, that of force projection.
Where a smaller force, i.e. a carrier, can project massive force in a localised area with almost impunity.
Hence the rapid research and deployment of platforms that can deliver hypersonic missiles from medium to long range.

The latest aircraft in the Chinese and Russian forces don't need to be able to dogfight, they need to get into range to deliver a payload thats all.
The only threat they would have is stealth based air to air which are usually very poor dogfighters, anything else they can avoid with ground radar co-ordination.

Even the latest laser based defence systems, a replacement, or co-defence system to CIWS simply cannot track fast enough or charge fast enough to fire on something doing mach 7.

So while the Eurofighter may be a better one on one dogfighter, that function is becoming more irrelevent as time goes on.
Especially given China's research into AI drone swarms, which as an anti aircraft ordanence is cheap, effective, easy to hide and mobile.
Great reply. China's AI Drones are a SERIOUS threat.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
It's also Annoying when someone comes along and thinks they know for FACT better than you do.

You obviously do not know what you are talking about.

I'll leave it at that.
you know f all .

Back