English customers..

Irishguy1

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
So what is the deal with English customers being so needy! If the slightest thing goes wrong with a delivery they are looking for "compensation".
It must be the first word they're taught when born!
SnowflakeNation

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Not entirely sure why them being English is relevant at all. It's like with anyone who orders, and the delivery happens to be either delayed or sent to the wrong address. We want to know what has happened to our orders. And as customers we have a right to enquire our orders. Being "needy" is certainly not the appropriate word to use here. Demanding, sure, but needy, no. The customers expect your company to deliver a service.

Irishguy1

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Not entirely sure why them being English is relevant at all. It's like with anyone who orders, and the delivery happens to be either delayed or sent to the wrong address. We want to know what has happened to our orders. And as customers we have a right to enquire our orders. Being "needy" is certainly not the appropriate word to use here. Demanding, sure, but needy, no. The customers expect your company to deliver a service.
Needy is the correct word.
This isn't an issue with English people just because they are English.
But so many UK customers I have dealt with can put on the waterworks and no sooner are they getting what they want they are in such a happy mood as if nothing happened. Not every customer is like this but a very large majority. It's shocking the sense of entitlement that people have. I have dealt with the Irish and German market and having that experience I can tell you that UK customers are the worst for jumping the gun shouting at you before you can respond and overall feeling that they are right now matter what. It is the most peculiar mentality I've experienced amongst people.
Obviously there are amazing people I deal with but they are not as abundant.

B

Bad_Influence

Needy is the correct word.
This isn't an issue with English people just because they are English.
But so many UK customers I have dealt with can put on the waterworks and no sooner are they getting what they want they are in such a happy mood as if nothing happened. Not every customer is like this but a very large majority. It's shocking the sense of entitlement that people have. I have dealt with the Irish and German market and having that experience I can tell you that UK customers are the worst for jumping the gun shouting at you before you can respond and overall feeling that they are right now matter what. It is the most peculiar mentality I've experienced amongst people.
Obviously there are amazing people I deal with but they are not as abundant.

Maybe you should be concentrating on the apparent failings in your delivery times? If there's nothing to complain about... no complaints. Simple business logic.
If a company tells me I can expect a delivery on a certain day and it doesn't arrive, I don't see how complaining is MY fault. It is the fault of the company for failing to uphold its side of the contract (be it verbal or written) agreed when the sale was made, and therefore should EXPECT complaints.

B

Bad_Influence

Maybe you should be concentrating on the apparent failings in your delivery times? If there's nothing to complain about... no complaints. Simple business logic.
If a company tells me I can expect a delivery on a certain day and it doesn't arrive, I don't see how complaining is MY fault. It is the fault of the company for failing to uphold its side of the contract (be it verbal or written) agreed when the sale was made, and therefore should EXPECT complaints.

That said, I agree we, as a nation, have all too easily fallen into the "where there's blame, there's a claim" culture. This is a sad state of affairs and one I detest. I remember times when we accepted mistakes happen and if effort was made to rectify the mistakes, we didn't think we should be recompensed for our faux offence.

C

CatFromHell

I once took a day off work to wait for a delivery that just didn't turn up, now I know sometimes due to circumstances beyond the drivers control, delivery can be delayed through no fault of the driver, and that's fine, but in this case I didn't hear a thing and the company were unresponsive, refusing to tell me when my item (a fridge, so they could hardly post it) would be arriving, and low and behold they tried to deliver when I was at work.
I wasted a days holiday to wait in for something they promised me would be delivered that day. I'm a reasonable person and if an explanation had been forthcoming, I would have accepted that but I was pissed off, and rightly so.
Thing is, the more people you piss off, the more word gets around, maybe you need to work on your customer services rather than assuming the only reason they're complaining is because they're English.

If someone receives good service, they'll tell 3 people, if they receive bad service, they'll tell 20 people.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I blame Apocalypse cow ...no reason :)

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
So what is the deal with English customers being so needy! If the slightest thing goes wrong with a delivery they are looking for "compensation".
It must be the first word they're taught when born!
SnowflakeNation

Please clarify what you mean by "English customers"...

Are they:-
A. English people living in England or any other country ( have you seen their birth certificates? )

B. Anyone currently residing in England regardless of nationality, therefore not specifically English.

C. British passport holders living in England, therefore British not English

D. Anyone residing in the UK as a whole? ( if that is the case the term is UK resident )

Frankly such sweeping derogatory statements piss me off and could be deemed as racist or at least xenophobic.

I think I should receive compensation for the emotional harm caused by your blatant insults.. "SnowfflakeNation" feking cheek!!!

#OutragedEnglishAndProud

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Owl he seems like a piss off white van man

BevLeanne

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
That said, I agree we, as a nation, have all too easily fallen into the "where there's blame, there's a claim" culture. This is a sad state of affairs and one I detest. I remember times when we accepted mistakes happen and if effort was made to rectify the mistakes, we didn't think we should be recompensed for our faux offence.
dont you think we have been so scared in the past to say anything that these balls we have grown is for the better?

B

Bad_Influence

dont you think we have been so scared in the past to say anything that these balls we have grown is for the better?

Yes I do, but too few will say how they feel, regarding many topics. You can't say anything without being labelled 'racist', homophobic', 'sexist', ageist, or some other 'ist' that people are far too quick to be faux-offended of, on behalf of people or groups they neither represent nor (in many cases) even know.

You only have to look at Twatter to see how people jump on minority bandwagons just to get their 5 minutes of 'fame'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Be enraged by that which you're taught to be enraged about and mock those that are enraged for a genuine reason, just like everything now in this capitalist culture, we do everything for personal benefit. Social media has made the sheeple so much easier to control.

B

Bad_Influence

Be enraged by that which you're taught to be enraged about and mock those that are enraged for a genuine reason, just like everything now in this capitalist culture, we do everything for personal benefit. Social media has made the sheeple so much easier to control.

While I agree, you do realise the irony in you using the word ‘sheeple’. It’s just a media invented word that SHEEPLE use to insult other sheeple. :D

Reaction score
While I agree, you do realise the irony in you using the word ‘sheeple’. It’s just a media invented word that SHEEPLE use to insult other sheeple. :D

So I've herd, herds being unassociated with sheep but I've never heard of flocks of sheeple.

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
To whom is your comment directed and in which context? Please elaborate

As for these SHEEPLE you speak of........... Pass the mint sauce

#IndependentThinker

Back