electric cars

B

Baffled

I am thinking of getting an electric car are they safe to drive in the rain?

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Now that's a question which has never been asked! Has anyone ever been electrocuted while using one of those mobility scooters?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Now that's a question which has never been asked! Has anyone ever been electrocuted while using one of those mobility scooters?

NO...But i have come close to being ran over by one...! Driven on the PAVEMENT...!

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Speed Magazine - "What is Nascars view on electric racing ?

Nascar Chief - Fcuk Off !!!

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Speed Magazine - "What is Nascars view on electric racing ?

Nascar Chief - Fcuk Off !!!

When I ask YOU what YOU know about how to make Stainless Steel....:)

I wouldn't say fcuk off...I'd invite you into my factory..;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Are people driving round in electric cars with smug grins looking at the queues in the petrol stations? I imagine they are :rolleyes:

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I think that Electric cars have a long way to go before they are mainstream ,

New things like this always take time to develop ,

I mean you can buy an electric car but they are very expensive and when offset the cost of being green you have to realise that you would need to do around 300,000 miles to save anything ,

Also range is an issue for most and the whole thing about running out of power in a emote location is not very appealing ,

Then you have to consider the time it takes to charge the bloody things , who has that time on their hands ?

Maybe fast charging will become a thing ?

There is also the Carbon Footprint whilst under construction this has to also be considered.

You can just Scrap and Crush a petrol combustion engine car but it isn't that simple with electric motors ,

Clearly they have work to do .....

I think that makes sense my head isn't yet fully operational lol :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I think the main requirement for owning an electric car is to have a driveway, to be able to charge it up outside your home, knowing you're on a full charge every morning. If you only have on-street parking I don't know how you'd manage.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I think the main requirement for owning an electric car is to have a driveway, to be able to charge it up outside your home, knowing you're on a full charge every morning. If you only have on-street parking I don't know how you'd manage.
I mean wireless charging you would think would be the answer...

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Well no.

But some Car parks have charging points on each level ,
Maybe all spaces even outdoor could have some kind of pad that charges the car ,
Do batteries degrade quicker if you charge before your battery needs it like with a phone etc ...

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Electric cars, silly idea at the moment.
Build Nuclear power stations like France, not the Mini ones Rolls Royce have been given the order for, they produce next to f'all.
Wait until we have advanced battery technology so the cars dont weigh more than current Internal Combustion engined ones with half the range.
Get the infrastructure in place before mandating Electric vehicles becoming the norm.

We have recently seen what happens when energy becomes scarce, look at the Nat Gas prices.
Energy Bills set to rise by up to 40% by next year.
Stop with the current renewables, Wind and Solar dont produce anything like they should and cost a ton.

"Do batteries degrade quicker if you charge before your battery needs it like with a phone etc"
Yeah they do Poco, especially with rapid charging.
Although if you are careful dont charge above about 70%, or let the charge drop below about 20%.
Dont Rapid Charge and allow the vehicle to cool between use and charging and use again.
You should be able to get a good 200000+ miles out of a battery pack before it needs to be replaced.

Plus some EV's come with replacement batteries under warrenty after so many years.
It's just the infrastructure and generation thats the problem, although better batteries would allow for weight reduction, as weight kills range.

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting an electric car are they safe to drive in the rain?
err yes lol, i mean why wouldnt they be, oh i see you mean you might get electricutated....suppose that is possible,but wouldnt they have done a dumey test, literaly like put those dumeys in wire em up to the batery or something and se if they catch on fire. As a betting man id say take a chance, ***** it live dangerously.

Back