• 9. David Tennant

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • 10. Matt Smith

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I have been a fan of Doctor Who, since John Pertwee played him. Anyone who is aware of the history of the show, will remember it's decline and eventual cancellation back in 1989. I trully believe that history is repeating itself with the last two incarnations of the character (I am including the latest recruit). And before anyone mentions the R word, I would like to point out that Jo Martin an actress of colour, did a marvelous job of playing the Doctor. She would have made an excellent full time Doctor.
What has really killed the show, for me is the dreadful writing and casting. Not even David Tenant, Catherine Tate and Russel T Davies combined, can save the show now.

I have created a poll to give everyone the opportunity of voting for their favourite Doctor. Unfortunately there was a limited amount of choices I could include. I would have liked to include Paul McGann in the list. If your choice isn't in the poll, maybe you could mention them in a post.

I'm curious as to why you've omitted Jodie Whittaker, the only female, and indeed, the last person to portray the Doctor.
:confused:

doonhamer3

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Stargate Universe was on tv here, remember seeing a couple of episodes particularly because Carlyle was in it.
Was on a Freeview channel a few years back. Need to go look up when it was now.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Stargate Universe was on tv here, remember seeing a couple of episodes particularly because Carlyle was in it.
Was on a Freeview channel a few years back. Need to go look up when it was now.
Yeah, you do that ... and don't hurry back.

:rolleyes:

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Personally, I find it really rather weird when individuals who clearly loathe something, who constantly complain that they loathe something, make a so-called 'rational' choice to continuously expose themselves to it.

Over and over and over again.

What I mean is, I have not even a single time watched an entire programme of the celebrity jungle thing, simply because I believe that it is complete and utter shite probably 99% of the time.

But much more than that, it is mainly because what sort of sausages could get a thrill watching other sausages commit animal cruelty solely for their own pleasure?

So guess what, I don't watch it and because I choose not to watch it I then don't get an irrational urge to continuously whine about it. :)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Personally, I find it really rather weird when individuals who clearly loathe something, who constantly complain that they loathe something, make a so-called 'rational' choice to continuously expose themselves to it.

Over and over and over again.

What I mean is, I have not even a single time watched an entire programme of the celebrity jungle thing, simply because I believe that it is complete and utter shite probably 99% of the time.

But much more than that, it is mainly because what sort of sausages could get a thrill watching other sausages commit animal cruelty solely for their own pleasure?

So guess what, I don't watch it and because I choose not to watch it I then don't get an irrational urge to continuously whine about it. :)

It would certainly be a revelation if, for once, you could actually make a response relevant to the topic posted.

Kev45

Reaction score
hth.jpg

Pot kettle black.

Another anti-woke sausage who constantly whines (not even ironically) about other people being "woke".

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
Dr Who returned on Saturday. The show has sunk to a new low, an alien was asked what its preferred pronoun was... he, she or they? :rolleyes:
Ahh, I really enjoyed Saturdays episode. I can tell the fabulous Russ T Davies is back in the Doctor Who writing seat again. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does :)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Doctor Who would appear to be existing on a time parallel with the N.H.S. In other words, bound for failure!
I considered David Tennent as one of the best, if not the best, actor to portray the invincible 'Time Lord'.
Please hasten the advent of the next 'regeneration'....
I'm expecting a black, lesbian/transgender with severe mobility issues (possibly in a wheelchair), who has applied for 'immigration' to the UK on the grounds of persecution and racism.

'Watch this space' .... not that space!

Kev45

Reaction score

'We were happy in those days because we were poor...'

Kev45

Reaction score
It would certainly be a revelation if, for once, you could actually make a response relevant to the topic posted.

Why on earth would I contribute to a rigged (censored) poll that asks the audience to vote for their favourite doctor, but which deliberately omits one of the most popular incarnations, solely based on their gender, rather than actual reality, commercial success and audience figures?

Doctor Who would appear to be existing on a time parallel with the N.H.S. In other words, bound for failure!

I had no idea Dr Who is systematically being starved of long term funding, under the guise of ideological austerity, to prepare it for sale to the private sector?

As a BBC commercial success, I have a hunch that they won't be selling the crown jewels anytime soon.

I mean, it is clearly sweet FA to do with the advances in technology, in a digitalized age, with multiple choices now compared to the long forgotten past. That technology catering solely to a much younger audience, who on the whole have absolutely no idea, or interest, who Dr Who is. :oops:

I'm expecting a black, lesbian/transgender with severe mobility issues (possibly in a wheelchair), who has applied for 'immigration' to the UK on the grounds of persecution and racism.

Let's hope you educate yourself that the original Dr Who was principally designed to be just that, educational, back in the olden days and during the heyday of Woke and Cancel Culture in the 1960s. :)

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Ahh, I really enjoyed Saturdays episode. I can tell the fabulous Russ T Davies is back in the Doctor Who writing seat again. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does :)
In spite of my moaning, i'll still be recording the next episode, but only because David Tennant is back as the Doctor. It was just all that preferred
pronoun nonsense, I just thought... really? :rolleyes: Anyway, i'll stop whinging about it. :)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
In spite of my moaning, i'll still be recording the next episode, but only because David Tennant is back as the Doctor. It was just all that preferred
pronoun nonsense, I just thought... really? :rolleyes: Anyway, i'll stop whinging about it. :)
Surely, this was aimed to test the true devotion of Doctor Who fans.
As in most cases, devotion to a cause often proves to be futile.
I will now side with 'The Master' ... because he/her/it/whatever is the only entity capable of presenting a final solution.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Spoke to my best mate about Who.
He is a massive fan, has been for decades.

His opinion, well as long as they get to sci fi fun and leave politics out of it, its fine.

I havent watched Who for decades, always found it kinda childish, but each to thier own.
Yet my mate has hope for the new season, I mean really now Disney is involved ..
It is gonna be a sh** show.

Kev45

Reaction score
WHATEVER! ... would appear to be the most the most appropriate response to your incessant drivel.

You're getting all twisted and bent out of shape over a fictional character who was created to be a tool to introduce children to science, while you make snarky comments regarding the disabled.

Get a grip you wrong un. :cool:

Back