• Jo Martin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ncuti Gatwa

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
After giving it some thought, I have decided to create a poll with all the actors/actresses I missed out of the previous poll.

Feel free to discuss the series.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Why the eye rolling emoji?
Erm ... because the 'yawning' emoji wasn't available.
I wonder why it's worth mentioning actors who portrayed the Doctor for a very limited time and, thankfully, not on a permanent basis.

David Tennent regenerating as the Doctor just goes to show how desperate the BBC are to revive interest in this now unrevivable television programme.
To add further insult, they vainly attempt to 'update' the Doctor with new moralistic and blatantly woke values.

I, for one, will not be casting a vote in this 'poll'.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
For me, Jodie Whitaker in her 'temporary' role as the good Dr, all the Dr's are after all 'temporary', demonstrated to young British girls that children's sci-fi heroes don't have to be a chiselled man, with bulging muscles and blonde hair and if it's good enough for Hollywood, Marvel etc, then it is good enough for Dr Who.

Dr Who has been FANTASTIC at giving opportunities to actors in leading roles who deviate from the stereotypical norm and including Gatwa more recently. I thought that Whitaker played the part well, with humour and panache and with the emotional intelligence that her acting had to be toned down rather than showing off and dialled up a notch. :)

Of course, adults with an ulterior motive will shun the latest incarnation of the good doctor and will NEVER change their prehistoric mindset anyway. Children, however, who the programme is mostly aimed at, will view it through a totally different prism. Dr Who should ALWAYS be judged on the quality of the actors and never the script (traditionally naff) and NOT judged on the physical appearance of the actors who appear in it. Gatwa is a superb actor, from a superb acting background, which I am sure the viewing figures will reflect. :)

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Peter Capaldi has been obsessed with Dr Who from a very early age. In his teens he wrote to the BBC wanting to run the official Dr Who fan club,
only to be told the gig had gone to another teenager. Out of that 'B' poll ^^^ Capaldi is my Favourite. When he became the new Doctor, he must
have been living the dream.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Peter Capaldi has been obsessed with Dr Who from a very early age. In his teens he wrote to the BBC wanting to run the official Dr Who fan club,
only to be told the gig had gone to another teenager. Out of that 'B' poll ^^^ Capaldi is my Favourite. When he became the new Doctor, he must
have been living the dream.
Yes, in retrospect, Peter Capaldi portrayed a superb characterisation of Doctor Who.
It would appear that the Scots have the edge in any sensible nomination for the role.
;)

doonhamer3

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Been a few of us Scots in there, Gatwa is listed as Rwandan-Scottish, we'll take that as well.
Question is after tonight's big finish what about Tennant ??

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
My favourite Doctor has to be Harold Shipman, not Scottish though.
Why would Harold Shipman be your favourite doctor?
I won't pre-empt your reply for fear of (your) entrapment.
:rolleyes:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Jodie Whitaker is a great actress who was let down by terrible writing.
Tennent is only back because Disney want movie spin off's and he doesn't want to do it full time, hence the split and his "Retirement".
Personally I never liked Who after hitting puberty, but my best mate is a fanatic of the series so I had to keep up.

Back