Do you like to garden, and have you been tempted?

S

Saphire

I love a nice garden, but so far I haven't been tempted....to buy annuals from the garden centre.
Don't let the gorgeous weather over the last few days fool you, the wintry weather is forecast to come back with a vengeance next week.

One good thing to look forwards to is lighter nights, so don't forget to put your clocks forwards on Sunday 1am..

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I love a nice garden, but so far I haven't been tempted....to buy annuals from the garden centre.
Don't let the gorgeous weather over the last few days fool you, the wintry weather is forecast to come back with a vengeance next week.

One good thing to look forwards to is lighter nights, so don't forget to put your clocks forwards on Sunday 1am..
2 am to be precise :).

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Bluetits are already nesting in a birdbox near my Patio door and i love to watch how busy the pair are. Garden is filled with Daffs and mini Daffs now ,such a pleasant sight after a very wet Winter. Wifey is outside a lot sorting out plants etc now. We have a gardener who is doing a lot of work for us at this time .Hoping to make things easier for two of us ,each with Back problems ,to manage the garden.

S

Saphire

Hell no. Too many bees and wasps. No thank you. :D:D
Lol....there are some mighty big bees doing the rounds at the minute, I love them. Also seen a couple of butterflies and ladybirds too today, I think it's still a bit cold for the ladybirds to fly though, they just stayed put for hours.

S

Saphire

2 am to be precise :).

When do the clocks go forward?​

The first clock change of the year will happen on Mothering Sunday, March 27, marking the start of British Summer Time.

The clocks will go forward at 1am on the Sunday, meaning we lose an hour of sleep.

Most phones and digital devices will jump from 1am to 2am automatically, however, be sure to change any watches and house clocks.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
A mistake i made prior ,apologese . Clocks leap forward by 1hr at 1am on Sunday 27/03/2022 ( not 2 am as i said in an earlier post).
However they do go back 1 hour in October at 2am on a Sunday morning :).

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
People who works nights know well in advance when the clocks go forward, because they're the shifts they try to bag. And of course when the clocks go back, no one wants to work that night. All for the sake of an extra hour :rolleyes:

S

Saphire

People who works nights know well in advance when the clocks go forward, because they're the shifts they try to bag. And of course when the clocks go back, no one wants to work that night. All for the sake of an extra hour :rolleyes:
Thats very true.
I have worked in night clubs with 2am finishes....we were usually expected to work the extra hour when the clocks went back.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
You don't like Me do you.

So perhaps some good news for you.

I pruned my roses this morning. All 28 of them. Wearing some sturdy leather gloves...the bastards still got me.

8 times i got thorns through my gloves and drew blood.

You have to be Violent when pruning Roses, but they can be Violent back.!

I refuse to grow magnolias in my gardens. They can very quickly take over the view of other plants.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
If anyone has pics of their garden, it would be nice to see them.
I have had some failures (Wisteria) and some successes....my Magnolia in the back garden, started off about a foot high, now it's about 15 feet...and it smells gorgeous at this time of year.

View attachment 9092View attachment 9092
WOW ! My Magnolia is rubbish :(. Been in a large pot for about three years now and plenty of growth but no flowers at all . What sort of conditions is yours in ?. Mine ( in a pot) is about 4ft tall now .

S

Saphire

WOW ! My Magnolia is rubbish :(. Been in a large pot for about three years now and plenty of growth but no flowers at all . What sort of conditions is yours in ?. Mine ( in a pot) is about 4ft tall now .
If it's the same type as mine (Stellata) they can grow in pots.
Mine is in the ground, and it's been there about 12 years.
I know they do prefer ericacious soil rather than normal multi purpose compost....so if it's not dead, it's worth filling your tub up with that.
They don't take well to being pruned either.

Back