Divorce law changes today.

S

Saphire

From 6 April 2022, couples that want to get a divorce, judicial separation or civil partnership dissolution in the UK will be able to do so without needing to blame each other. The new law that allows for no-fault divorces was initially announced in February 2019 and will be the first change to divorce law since 1973.

S

Saphire

Good sense?

There doesn't have to be blame when people want to end their marriage, some people have surely just run the course.

On the other hand, will it just make it easier to add marriage failure to the quick throwaway society we now live in?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I've never married.

I'm not religious for a start. But I have never seen the point in marriage.

Marriage was invented by insecure Religious men who wanted to control women.

Every time I see couples getting married...I gasp.

Fair enough if its forever. And you know will be. (That's a different story altogether though.)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Don't start me off on divorce. :rolleyes: I petition for divorce from my first marriage on the grounds of desertion, but my solicitors somehow managed to screw it up. I ended up being the respondent! :mad: I am all in favour of no-blame quick divorces, though I accept that is does somewhat devalue marriage.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Don't start me off on divorce. :rolleyes: I petition for divorce from my first marriage on the grounds of desertion, but my solicitors somehow managed to screw it up. I ended up being the respondent! :mad: I am all in favour of no-blame quick divorces, though I accept that is does somewhat devalue marriage.
Well I have to go back to the statement I made YEARS ago and recently on here....WHY bother in the FIRST PLACE?.

S

Saphire

I agree, if possible a quick, no blame divorce is far better than throwing muck around and making the solicitors rich, or alternatively having to wait two years in order to get a blame free divorce.

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I can’t wait until I get married, I’m not religious but I do want to be married. I wish I’d met the right one and got married when I was young but unfortunately some times life’s path doesn’t go that way . I think it’s also about time divorce laws are changed,

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
On the other hand, will it just make it easier to add marriage failure to the quick throwaway society we now live in?
Yep ! you got it .
Best idea ,follow the TV program "Marriage at first sight" . That`s the way to go :)

S

Saphire

I have not personally been through a divorce, but I know plenty of people who have, and invariably it's the kids who suffer most, especially when the two adults are at war with one another.
If that can be prevented, by having a no blame system to end a marriage, it has to be better....imo.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have not personally been through a divorce, but I know plenty of people who have, and invariably it's the kids who suffer most, especially when the two adults are at war with one another.
If that can be prevented, by having a no blame system to end a marriage, it has to be better....imo.
That makes a lot of sense ( i don`t think !.) If there is no blame attached to a marriage split then the children from that marriage will be perfectly happy about it ? Duuuhhh how dumb can one get ?. Chlldren either accept or don`t accept the behaviour of their parents
One of my kids wasn`t even married but when she split from her partner after about 25 years their children( who were not very young children) were really hung up ,and we still think are .
Also we have another child who was married and they had children . Cut it short there is a Law about waiting a certain time ( one year ?) and you don`t have to go through the "blame " situation process anyway. Just settle the property and other deals needed with a Solicitor and it`s all done with no blame attached .

S

Saphire

I`ve no idea what you are on about but i have noted that you have the usual Conspiracy fool clapping you on ! .

How can you have no idea what I am on about?.....I am responding to the bloody point you made to me.:rolleyes:

If you can't follow a simple line of thought, please stop responding to my posts.

S

Saphire

That makes a lot of sense ( i don`t think !.) If there is no blame attached to a marriage split then the children from that marriage will be perfectly happy about it ? Duuuhhh how dumb can one get ?. Chlldren either accept or don`t accept the behaviour of their parents
One of my kids wasn`t even married but when she split from her partner after about 25 years their children( who were not very young children) were really hung up ,and we still think are .
Also we have another child who was married and they had children . Cut it short there is a Law about waiting a certain time ( one year ?) and you don`t have to go through the "blame " situation process anyway. Just settle the property and other deals needed with a Solicitor and it`s all done with no blame attached .
It was TWO years, that's the whole point of the change in law.

Read up on the facts and stop acting like a clever dick.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Read up on the facts and stop acting like a clever dick.
Reading too many facts leaves one with a load of BS ! I let clever dicks like you read the bumf and beieve it all .
ohh ,so having to wait 2 years for an "official " separation affects any children badly ,but not having to wait makes the kids happy ? ffs what world am i living in ? !.
In my opinion all Churches now should refuse to marry any couple if they they don`t stick to the vows of "til death is do part " ...not " until i`ve had enough screwing for a Week " In fact they should definitely refuse to remarry any person who has got a quicky divorce ever.

Back