Delivery driver sacked for chatting up female customers.

S

Saphire

A Currys driver branded "creepy" for sending pervy messages to two separate customers has been fired and dumped by his girlfriend.

The delivery man used the fake name "Jordan" to contact mum-to-be Kacey Wheeler, 21, after delivering her washing machine in Bradford, West Yorkshire, earlier this month.

What ensued was a back-and-forth of flirty and sexual texts, including discussions about threesomes and bondage.

Jordan thought he was striking up a new romance with the expectant mum, but it was actually her fiancee playing a prank, Manchester Evening News reports.

But since Ryan Sagar's prank went viral, a single mum has come out to say she was also targeted after Jordan "took a liking to her" while dropping off a fridge freezer two weeks earlier.

The mum, 31, said she felt unsettled because he "kept smiling at her" and asked whether she lived alone.

She also claims he messaged after the delivery asking if she liked her new appliance and whether he could keep her number.

After hearing of Kacey's run-in with Jordan, she accused him of 'using Currys like Tinder' and is worried he knows her phone number and address.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A Currys driver branded "creepy" for sending pervy messages to two separate customers has been fired and dumped by his girlfriend.

The delivery man used the fake name "Jordan" to contact mum-to-be Kacey Wheeler, 21, after delivering her washing machine in Bradford, West Yorkshire, earlier this month.

What ensued was a back-and-forth of flirty and sexual texts, including discussions about threesomes and bondage.

Jordan thought he was striking up a new romance with the expectant mum, but it was actually her fiancee playing a prank, Manchester Evening News reports.

But since Ryan Sagar's prank went viral, a single mum has come out to say she was also targeted after Jordan "took a liking to her" while dropping off a fridge freezer two weeks earlier.

The mum, 31, said she felt unsettled because he "kept smiling at her" and asked whether she lived alone.

She also claims he messaged after the delivery asking if she liked her new appliance and whether he could keep her number.

After hearing of Kacey's run-in with Jordan, she accused him of 'using Currys like Tinder' and is worried he knows her phone number and address.
is he related to hell[redacted]?

S

Saphire

Serves him right for trying to cheat on his girlfriend. :D

It does highlight changing attitudes, though.
Not that long ago, men chatted up women anywhere they could, in work, in the pub, chance encounters, whatever.
Now...the chatting up is often done online, deception is a lot easier, this gorp was unknowingly talking to the womans boyfriend, not her.

In the past, women would either accept the come on or dismiss it, without any outside help.
Seems this lady wanted to involve her boyfriend, the company he worked for....and the papers, thus getting her 15 minutes.

Was she right to make such a big deal of this?
She did respond to his flirty texts, so is she just as bad as him?

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
I was chatting about this very topic last night with my neighbour who is her late 80s and kept me up chatting until 5 am :D. Her view is that it was all just a bit of fun and when they took the kids out for a walk to escape their nagging husbands they enjoyed a wolf whistle or 'hello darling'. My view is that is just pervy for grown men to leer over young women.

But, delivery men have access to someone's personal address and as you said number, to me that raises red flags and should not be tolerated and I would have sacked him in the same circumstances. Again in my opinion it boils down to sexist attitudes where a man assumes a woman wants to parttttay just because she gave him a polite hello.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Just the fact a woman (any age) accepted a parcel from their manly hands is enough to give some of these penis perverts an erection

and the belief that the female has just given them permission to ride 'em like a pony.

A pervy brain, and a hard cock, neither has any conscience.

S

Saphire

In all honesty, I have had delivery men chat me up in the past, I have never felt threatened.
One actually did phone me up later, on the pretence of asking if the carpet was OK that had been recently delivered...he was flirty, chatty, I was polite, mentioned my husband and I were happy with the carpet, thanks....job done.
No one was disciplined or sacked, it was nothing to bother about.

Now IF a female ever felt uncomfortable by a delivery man who obviously fancied his chances....that's another thing altogether.
But....if you read the texts this woman sent to the man ...she certainly encouraged him in thinking he stood a chance with her.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
But....if you read the texts this woman sent to the man ...she certainly encouraged him in thinking he stood a chance with her.

It was her boyfriend taking the p*ss out of the driver. I was referring to the second woman. ;)

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Serves him right for trying to cheat on his girlfriend. :D

It does highlight changing attitudes, though.
Not that long ago, men chatted up women anywhere they could, in work, in the pub, chance encounters, whatever.
Now...the chatting up is often done online, deception is a lot easier, this gorp was unknowingly talking to the womans boyfriend, not her.

In the past, women would either accept the come on or dismiss it, without any outside help.
Seems this lady wanted to involve her boyfriend, the company he worked for....and the papers, thus getting her 15 minutes.

Was she right to make such a big deal of this?
She did respond to his flirty texts, so is she just as bad as him?

By reporting the messages, it’s highlighted she wasn’t the only person - which I think is positive, the more incidents like this are shamed the more chance there is they will stop.

The fact she shared it with her boyfriend and they had a laugh at his expense is funny :)

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
In all honesty, I have had delivery men chat me up in the past, I have never felt threatened.
One actually did phone me up later, on the pretence of asking if the carpet was OK that had been recently delivered...he was flirty, chatty, I was polite, mentioned my husband and I were happy with the carpet, thanks....job done.
No one was disciplined or sacked, it was nothing to bother about.

Now IF a female ever felt uncomfortable by a delivery man who obviously fancied his chances....that's another thing altogether.

For me it comes down to a position of trust, if someone is using your info to go outside their role it’s not on, and let’s face it you just don’t know anymore if it will escalate.

You can see the statement - well I was flirting and she chatted back so I knew she was up for it!

A

AGirlHasNoName

Before the internet and smart phones existed, you'd see someone you quite fancied, wherever that might be and ask them for their number and a drink, whilst I don't think its okay to take someones phone number without consent, if you fancy someone, is there any harm in asking for their number? I don't think there is tbh.

However, with that being said, the whole taking her number off the delivery note without asking is absolutely out of order, as is the blatant trying to cheat on his partner - what a scumbag.

S

Saphire

I would support the women 100%, IF the one who went to the papers had not encouraged him....or at least he thought she did.
The texts she (boyfriend) sent to him were sexually explicit, they encouraged him.
What's the opposite of a 'honey trap'? a testosterone trap maybe?

S

Saphire

It was her boyfriend taking the p*ss out of the driver. I was referring to the second woman. ;)
OK, and if the second woman didn't encourage him, and she felt uneasy, even threatened, she had a perfect right to report him.
I don't think she did though. Not until the woman who made a game out of it did.

S

Saphire

Well, he won't be looking for a bit on the side whilst working for Curries anymore.

I do think it's wrong the way the girl and her boyfriend encouraged him though.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well, he won't be looking for a bit on the side whilst working for Curries anymore.

I do think it's wrong the way the girl and her boyfriend encouraged him though.

So a guy got sacked from his job and embaressed publicaly because he continued to flirt with her via text, which she responded to, and they made it public.
Anyone see something wrong with that?

S

Saphire

So a guy got sacked from his job and embaressed publicaly because he continued to flirt with her via text, which she responded to, and they made it public.
The girl was looking for her 15 minutes, she seized this opportunity with both hands, she, and her boyfriend, are as bad as him imo.

Does the man deserve to lose his girlfriend and his job?

Yes....his girlfriend is well out of it, he is a obviously a serial cheat...IF he ever gets the chance to be.
Curries had no option than to sack him.
He has done this before, seemingly without encouragement, and no one wants a creepy little delivery man i looking for a quick legover in their home.

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I think this part makes it perfectly right that he lost his job and partner:

Maybe he learnt a valuable lesson, about trust and not to be a creepy prick!

S

Saphire

Boys chatting girls up has always gone on....thank goodness.

But...the single girl, who didn't lead him on, had every right to complain. Having a strange man in her house, asking her if she lived alone, then messaging her after, asking if she liked the fridge....he obviously overstepped the mark.
She didn't respond, and he didn't ring again, but she obviously felt unsettled by his behaviour.

He is young, too immature to have a serious girlfriend, hopefully losing her, and his job, will, as funandflirty says, be a valuable life lesson for him to learn from.

Back