Dead Dinner Party

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
If you could have any 5 dead famous people at a dinner party, who would they be and why?
Mine would be:

Samuel Taylor Coleridge- to ask what the feck Kubla Khan was about. It’s been a pervading question in my mind since I was 6.

Nikola Tesla- I’d get him drunk/stoned/mushroomed enough to divulge the secrets of time-travel…which I’m convinced he knew.

John Lennon- to ask why he was such an arsehole to Julian and to sing after dinner.

Dorothy Parker- for the wit and humour, and to recite ‘Indian Summer’.

Boudicca- just because she’s the mummy of all us women with a bit of fire in our bones and could teach me a thing or two! And she’d come in handy at chucking out time.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Prime Elvis Presley, to ask him does he have any idea, any idea at all, just charismatic and sexy he really is?

Jack Kerouac to hear anecdotes based on his road trips, and the colourful characters he met across the USA in post-war America.

Sun Tzu to ask him what he thinks about his philosophy still influencing and shaping the world in 2024.

Any female Motown singer from the 60s, who were paving the way for girl power, long before girl power became a thing.

Caroline Aherne to keep Elvis's ego in check and to inject some much-needed banter and light-hearted humour. :rolleyes:

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Prime Elvis Presley, to ask him does he have any idea, any idea at all, just charismatic and sexy he really is?

Jack Kerouac to hear anecdotes based on his road trips, and the colourful characters he met across the USA in post-war America.

Sun Tzu to ask him what he thinks about his philosophy still influencing and shaping the world in 2024.

Any female Motown singer from the 60s, who were paving the way for girl power, long before girl power became a thing.

Caroline Aherne to keep Elvis's ego in check and to inject some much-needed banter and light-hearted humour. :rolleyes:
Caroline Aherne? ... you ARE having a laugh!
I remember both her and Richard Wilson being supremely humiliated by Bernard Manning on her Mrs Merton Show.
I think she was more cautious about TRYING to look clever from then on.
You can't take on people who are at the height of their game and know how to play the game.

:cool:

Reaction score
Noone, I'd be worried if there were dead bodies at a dinner party. Oh look theres a skeleton dressed as Elvis and the one in a dress must be Marilyn Monroe. Oh my mistake the one in a dress is grandpa. And they're supposed to talk? This all sounds a bit worrying.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Jesus.
Muhammad.
Chairman Mao.
Napoleon.
Hitler.

Would like to know wtf they were thinking.

They created most of the wars up until 1945.

Many others to add.. but really, apart from Gengis Khan and the crusades.. it was these 5 a**h**** that crated the most death toll.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Not really a dinner party, but I found a corpse in a shower in a hotel in Amsterdam, I went to tell the guy on reception, he said I don't want to alarm the other guest's, this stays between us, there's a extra sausage on your plate tomorrow at breakfast, what a lucky day eh

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score

Good choices!
I do miss Caroline Aherne on the telly. She'd definitely make for an entertaining evening.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Noone, I'd be worried if there were dead bodies at a dinner party. Oh look theres a skeleton dressed as Elvis and the one in a dress must be Marilyn Monroe. Oh my mistake the one in a dress is grandpa. And they're supposed to talk? This all sounds a bit worrying.
Okay, so you'd need incense sticks and perhaps a couple of plug-ins for any newly deceased, but bones are alright. Just don't invite any dogs. Or cats.

I was going for more of a 'magical-portal-in-your-dining-room-where-they-come-back-from-the-past' type of scenario, rather than a 'dig-them-up-and-pose-them' type thing.
But you do it your way!

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Jesus.
Muhammad.
Chairman Mao.
Napoleon.
Hitler.

Would like to know wtf they were thinking.

They created most of the wars up until 1945.

Many others to add.. but really, apart from Gengis Khan and the crusades.. it was these 5 a**h**** that crated the most death toll.
Mmmm...interesting choices and reasoning. I can see that mix getting rowdy at some point in the evening.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Not really a dinner party, but I found a corpse in a shower in a hotel in Amsterdam, I went to tell the guy on reception, he said I don't want to alarm the other guest's, this stays between us, there's a extra sausage on your plate tomorrow at breakfast, what a lucky day eh
Well, that was a holiday to remember! I would have inspected that sausage before I put it to my lips :oops: They might have been trying to get rid of the body!

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Caroline Aherne? ... you ARE having a laugh!
I remember both her and Richard Wilson being supremely humiliated by Bernard Manning on her Mrs Merton Show.
I think she was more cautious about TRYING to look clever from then on.
You can't take on people who are at the height of their game and know how to play the game.

:cool:
Bernard Manning?! Now that name brings back memories of sad, old man humour! Are you THAT old, Wicked??

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Bernard Manning?! Now that name brings back memories of sad, old man humour! Are you THAT old, Wicked??
Bernard Manning was epic.
I was lucky enough to see him live twice.
Whatever people say about him, probably true.

But damn was he funny.

Bear in mind this was 30 years ago, when people didnt get so butt hurt about percieved injustice and guilt for sh** they had no part in.
Instead they made fun of the sh** the british empire did, made people aware of what we did wrong.

Tis sad we have lost comedy.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

I strongly recommend that you look at this show which clearly demonstrates how quick and witty Bernard Manning was. There is is an abundance of other clips confirming this on Youtube.
Bernard Manning could put anyone down who heckled him, in an instant, as this video clearly demonstrates.
It's unfortunate that people like you don't understand humour from a previous generation because you pretend to be hurt by truths that make you feel uncomfortable. It's typical wokism.
It's also unfortunate that you make reference to someone's age in a thread as if it validates anything you write on a subject. :rolleyes:
I couldn't possibly emulate such a comic genius like him and I doubt anyone else alive could. Oh, except ,perhaps, Ricky Gervais.

Back