Damn homophones!

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Not that I wish to draw attention to myself, I am writing this more out of bemusement than anything else.
Yesterday morning, the chat was relating to MINORS being posted in pics in the room and that generally they guaranteed an almost instantaneous ban. :)
Naming no names, a male chatter in the room posted a Gif of music notation and said it was a MINOR chord in D, I believe. I think people were trying to work out the musical chord, initially. ;)
So, to maintain the level of humour, I posted a link showing a MINER (a coalface worker) with a dirty face. That was the only dirty thing about the pic, by the way. I'll send it, if you ask me nicely. ;)
Yes, in my moment of comic genius I was 'rewarded' with a ban for "posting an unauthorised link"! :eek:
Quite rightly, I have lodged an appeal, the which I am awaiting the outcome of; STILL. :rolleyes:
The point I am making is that something is rotten in the state of censorship!
I expect, nay demand, to be amongst all my beloved friends very soon. Ciao. :D

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Tut and you were being so nice Wicked yesterday. :) Well perhaps the word nice may be in keeping with your overall demeanour but you were definitely being more tolerant than usual :D!

D

Deadpool

1. I posted an image, not a gif.
2. It was an image of a chord that turned out to be D minor.
3. You posted a link that does not comply with UKChats TOU.
4. I'm so glad my report never went unnoticed.
5. Turns out you're not a smart as you like to think you are.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
1. I posted an image, not a gif.
2. It was an image of a chord that turned out to be D minor.
3. You posted a link that does not comply with UKChats TOU.
4. I'm so glad my report never went unnoticed.
5. Turns out you're not a smart as you like to think you are.

1. Since when were you appointed an overseer of chat?
2. How do YOU know that it did not comply with UK Chat's T.O.U.? You HOPED that it did not. That is all.
3. Someone is easily influenced. I DO know who, by the way.
4. I'm smarter than you, and you KNOW it.
5. You are a racist. That is not difficult to prove.
6. You won't be immune from censorship for long.
7. Looking forward to chatting with you again, even if it's just to prove the above.

Oh NO! I won on the bullet points.

;)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Tut and you were being so nice Wicked yesterday. :) Well perhaps the word nice may be in keeping with your overall demeanour but you were definitely being more tolerant than usual :D!

Your choice of the word the word tolerant served you well. I am unbelievably tolerant, as you are well-aware. The 40's-50's chat room demands that I am.
;)

Scotsman87

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Yes, I've been banned from Facebook so many times, my last 30 day suspension, or what every they call it, it was for writing "Haha" to a.... emmm.... person who wasn't a man, and didn't originate from an area in Europe....Possibly with a face like the above mentioned coal miner!

Every single message between the two of use was flagged up as being against the community guidelines... Not really been on since.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Not that I wish to draw attention to myself
You don't want to draw attention to yourself? lol you crack me up :) Wait till someone does it for you by naming you in a thread title. :mad:
It sounds like great fun in chat. I wish I could join in, but what with some sitting waiting to pounce to hit that report button, I'd have to watch everything I typed, so I really can't be arsed. Plus, these days, I don't have the time. We're renovating this house at the moment and it's a right nightmare. Bought all new skirting boards, only to then find out the existing ones are stone! stone skirting boards? didn't even know they existed, It's enough to drive one mad :rolleyes:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I was beginning to think you'd completely given up on the Forums, let alone the chat rooms. :)
Well, lesson learnt; I won't bother posting any more pics in a chat room or feed the 'pic-hungry brigade' again.
Might I just mention one word that is now being frowned upon in chat rooms, and assuring a ban, is the word yank. Most people don't capitalise the y as you might expect, and therefore the word is innocuously meaning: a sudden jerk (which obviously also has American connotations et al).
A Yank (Yankee), by definition, is someone who lives in the north of America; so how that can be insulting is quite baffling. You never see 'Northerners' in the U.K. crying out for similar justice, do you? Maybe they should because it is often used as a derogatory term. :rolleyes:
Please don't encourage others to use my name in vain. I'm sure some visit the Forums to catch up on the latest gossip anyway.
Re the stone skirting 'boards': well what an unusual discovery. I hope you work something out and manage to skirt around the issue. ;)
Until the next time ....

WickedPerdition

Reaction score

Speaking of homophones; I was inspired by a walk in the countryside to link two more apposite homophones.
Byre and buyer; and cellar and seller. Thus, you can have a cellar for a byre but I don't think you can have a byre for a cellar.
The wonders of the English language, eh.
:)

Resolute

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
So ... was the miner a minor or not?

Dieckensian work practices and all that.

W

Wren

Speaking of homophones; I was inspired by a walk in the countryside to link two more apposite homophones.
Byre and buyer; and cellar and seller. Thus, you can have a cellar for a byre but I don't think you can have a byre for a cellar.
The wonders of the English language, eh.
:)
Wow that was all way complicated
But yes
Suffer if English and understanding,, not the hardest of language to learn so I was told
But it's still silly confusingly odd at times
B) pictorial communication might well have been my previous life

Back