Cover songs

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Disturbed are underrated. I think people are put off those types of bands because they're placed in that metal category, but some of them produce fantastic music.

A

avonguy

Madge's cover of Don McLean's classic (with Rupert Everett on backing vocals).

A

avonguy

Written by Holland–Dozier–Holland and first performed by The Supremes.

A

avonguy

Kylie's original Australian version of Loco-motion (recorded before she ever met SAW) of the Gerry Goffin - Carole King composition, first recorded by Little Eva (and also later recorded by Carole herself).

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Disturbed are underrated. I think people are put off those types of bands because they're placed in that metal category, but some of them produce fantastic music.
Yes u you are right, they are definitely underrated

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I’m definitely going to shout about disturbed, no tears or fears for me

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I find it brilliant someone like Johnny cash did a cover of a great Depeche Mode song , they must have been well chuffed !

A

avonguy

Covering Dutch band Shocking Blue's song gave Bananarama a No. 1 in six countries, including the US (but oddly it only got to No. 8 in the UK).

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I love covers of totally amazing songs done slightly different by other great bands. I also just love finding slightly less known bands doing awesome covers .

A

avonguy

Bananarama have recorded several covers, notably on their Viva album. I LOVE their take on Simon & Garfunkel's timeless classic.

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Covering Dutch band Shocking Blue's song gave Bananarama a No. 1 in six countries, including the US (but oddly it only got to No. 8 in the UK).

Yeah , it’s interesting finding out that some great hits have been cover songs .

A

avonguy

A bit late (or a little early) but here's two takes on a song first recorded by Eartha Kitt.

A

avonguy

Erasure released an EP of Abba songs, which gave them their first and only UK number one. I went to see a concert where they were performing these tracks and it was magical to see the giant flashing Abba logo.

Back