"Consider the apostle and high priest whom we acknowledge - Jesus"

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Has this become the thread where we join a cult now?

Does participation in this thread require me to relinquish all my savings, be wife number 18 and drink anything?

Just checking.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Has this become the thread where we join a cult now?

Does participation in this thread require me to relinquish all my savings, be wife number 18 and drink anything?

Just checking.

Nah just question your idea's of what reality actually is.
Doesn't cost a thing to ask oneself a question.
It can, however, cost you everything if you don't.

How people perceive reality has always been a point of both scientific and ideological fascination and manipulation.
If one controls thought then one controls action.
The problem is, the human brain is based on some really old sh** with a few hardware upgrades.
What we think we see as free will is not actually anything more than basic impulses with a wrapping of moralism or despotism, or in simple terms what we view as right or wrong.

Belief is something we have, yet dont control because we, most of the time illogically, get emotional about them.
Many ideologies tap into that failure to understand the complexity of life and use it for their own purpose.

Take a simple example.
Martial Arts, or military training, breaks down the flight or fight response, the fear or anger response and turns it into a reasoning phase rather than a primal action.

To be fair "Primal Action" is the wrong descriptor.
Muscle memory, training and lived or imagined experience can also alter "Primal Actions" but with a more reasoned approach.

Yet those same techniques can turn a "Normal" person into someone who kills in the name of whatever ideology they follow.

Simple examples.

A Jihadi warrior from the Middle East fighting against the Great Satan America.
A US Soldier fighting to free some Middle Eastern country from a brutal dictator.
A Russian Soldier who is fighting in Ukraine because the western aggressor is wanting to allow them into NATO which means missiles on thier doorstep.
A Ukrainian fighter who is defending thier homeland from an aggressor.

Simplistic ideas I know, theres a lot more to those arguments which i will happily debate, but they are at heart ideologically driven.

Why do people accept ideologies rather than thier own logic thought processing.
Simple, it's easier.
Life can be simple if you believe theres a greater purpose to it all.
Life can also be simple if you turn a blind eye to what the world actually is.

One can blame sh** that happens on something other than oneself.

By placing blame on something other than oneself, it's easy to forgive and justify ones actions and/or inactions.

Well you could donate to charity if you want, but if you do please make it a local one for the homeless, not one of the giants who actually do feck all.

You could be wife number 1 for someone, men generally have enough trouble keeping up with one if they are not loaded with a Harem full of desperate women because thier society is different than ours with regards to womens rights.

Drink whatever the feck you want except the Kool Aid.

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
Here is a Biblical encyclopedia's article on "High Priest", for those who may be interested.

Also, find "Apostle" here. I hope it's helpful.

dotcom

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Oh I question Paul altogether I mean he just took over and we haven't record of any other apostles writing books . I'm sticking with Red Letters
Mathew Mark John Luke. Never heard of them no?
Why question Paul?.He met Jesus and it was apostles that made him an apostle. The same apostles Jesus breathed knowledge of the scriptures on.

cidal

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Yeah I suppose I didn't quantify what I believe as Piety above and beyond the simple and confusing langauge used by dictionary definitions.

To me, this is simply an opinion which may or may not be backed by such definitions, I see Piety as a means to live our lives simply by existing in our given reality, yet with the knowledge that we dont know if there is something greater than ourselves but trusting some things we do know.

Faith, irrespective of whether others believe it or not, accept it or not, respect it or not, it is individual, it is mine alone.

I may or may not share the belief structure that match yours, however, if I adhere to to my own faith, or you to yours, are we both not pious?

I have faith in my family, I have faith in my friends because we chose to accept each other with the tempered reality that we are different, that we hold different beliefs.
Yet I know they would be here for me if I needed them, as I would be for them.
That is a physical, material belief, yet it is faith based.
I believe they would.

My world view has always been to treasure those who god or the randomness of nature gave you and believe in them.
I have faith in them as they have with me.
The same way that those who have faith in God, yet mine is reciprical.

Piety, to me is what the real world can show you as gods gifts, whether or not god was involved.

So simply, being Pious is to be faithful to what you believe is true with regard to the reality one lives in.
I believe in the material value of family and friends, of love and understanding amongst people.
I have faith it that, yet I also have a questionable faith that there is another hand at work, possibly divine.

Do I have to identify my faith as that, perhaps we, my family and friends were drawn together by an unseen force?
I cannot prove or disprove it.
If that brings us together, to help and support each other, how can not one defend that belief, how can one not support that belief.
How cannot we wonder if some external force brought us together as a family or friends?

Supporting and defending a faith is peity.
Whether it is right or wrong, it is indvidual, yet it can support, save or kill depening on the faith it is based on.
Well written! Still not sure why someone who has a point debates a pointless tool like son-of-god. When he has no valid point, he asks others to give the definition of the word because he has 17 dictionaries and wants to clarify. Guy is a fucking flaky *** shoving his bullshit down other people's throat in a debate format - a truly pious and religious douche-nozzle.

He stated "Once, I understand what you mean, then I can go ahead and address your points to the best of my ability"...you defined what it meant to you...yet, nothing back? Has he moved on the next pointless debate?

Also, though what you wrote is brilliant and personal.... :However.... :) Unless we all want to make up our own definition of words, it is all meaningless (other than sharing your own feelings and thoughts). Redefining the word 'pious' so it can justify religiosity or how ANYTHING is above god, is pointless. The word pious is directly linked to god and religion...and all the bullshit that comes with it. I have my own definition of the word 'carrot' being a useful tool used in many an orgasm (not speaking from personal experience) - doesn't change the definition of what a carrot is.

Apparently, Jesus didn't like carrots.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well written! Still not sure why someone who has a point debates a pointless tool like son-of-god. When he has no valid point, he asks others to give the definition of the word because he has 17 dictionaries and wants to clarify. Guy is a fucking flaky *** shoving his bullshit down other people's throat in a debate format - a truly pious and religious douche-nozzle.

He stated "Once, I understand what you mean, then I can go ahead and address your points to the best of my ability"...you defined what it meant to you...yet, nothing back? Has he moved on the next pointless debate?

Also, though what you wrote is brilliant and personal.... :However.... :) Unless we all want to make up our own definition of words, it is all meaningless (other than sharing your own feelings and thoughts). Redefining the word 'pious' so it can justify religiosity or how ANYTHING is above god, is pointless. The word pious is directly linked to god and religion...and all the bullshit that comes with it. I have my own definition of the word 'carrot' being a useful tool used in many an orgasm (not speaking from personal experience) - doesn't change the definition of what a carrot is.

Apparently, Jesus didn't like carrots.

Being Pious simply means following a faith, either one of the pre-determined book based ones, or one of ones own making.
Faith is a set of beliefs which can or cannot be proven in the material world.

I can have faith in someone which can be right or wrong depending on thier actions.
Yet that faith was created, by me, before they either showed me I was right, or let me down.

Does that mean I should lose all faith in all people?

I know, the argument makes itself.
My faith is based in the material world, which is not some "Mystical" religion.
Which, by argument, can mean it is not a "Faith"

What I don't know, is how much of the material world is governed or manipulated by things we don't yet understand, if at all.

I can no more say "That person did me wrong because" without understanding the tapestry of life, the chaos of choices and the mysteries of what we call life.

If one views life as a Butterfly Effect, or a Chaos Theory, then everything that can happen may, to the detriment of any and all that surround you.

There are very few certainties in life, apart from death and taxes.
Those require no faith, they exist as part of life.
So does love, hurt, happiness and pain.

Those are things we can believe in, they are real to us, they are what let us sleep or keep us up at night.

Yet how do we understand them?

Explain love without faith in a person.
Explain hurt caused by someone without it becoming something existential.

These are not physical reactions, they are emotional, which have no basis in science.
What they are is faith found in love, or lost in hurt.

Thats why faith is mutable, it is not a "One size fits all" answer.
Yet to be Pious, to follow ones own beliefs, isn't that all we have?

Oh and carrots, yeah, just no, much better a cucumber.
Or at a pinch, even your dick ;)

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
Being Pious simply means following a faith, either one of the pre-determined book based ones, or one of ones own making.
;)
From the response you gave to that person, you can hopefully understand why I asked you what your understanding of the meaning of "pious" was now. He demonstrates the other meaning of it.

If we don't understand the actual meaning of the one who says something, we may misunderstand it altogether. Imagine a drug-smoking hippie calling someone "righteous", for instance. It certainly doesn't hold much weight as to the actual meaning of the word, eh.

Still, due to the limits of some people with regards their understanding, these things do need to be clarified prior to presuming what they mean. It's not their fault they lack comprehension skills, nor that they can't grasp points, or even know how to question. Just ask them, and they'll tell you. They've a million reasons. The point of a debate should not be to WIN anything. It should be for clarifying an understanding. Yet some will bring nothing to a debate, except insults at people they can't get one over with their stupidity.

Maybe we could start a simple debate topic for them called, "Drugz iz badd - and other three-word belief systems".

cidal

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
From the response you gave to that person, you can hopefully understand why I asked you what your understanding of the meaning of "pious" was now. He demonstrates the other meaning of it.

If we don't understand the actual meaning of the one who says something, we may misunderstand it altogether. Imagine a drug-smoking hippie calling someone "righteous", for instance. It certainly doesn't hold much weight as to the actual meaning of the word, eh.

Still, due to the limits of some people with regards their understanding, these things do need to be clarified prior to presuming what they mean. It's not their fault they lack comprehension skills, nor that they can't grasp points, or even know how to question. Just ask them, and they'll tell you. They've a million reasons. The point of a debate should not be to WIN anything. It should be for clarifying an understanding. Yet some will bring nothing to a debate, except insults at people they can't get one over with their stupidity.

Maybe we could start a simple debate topic for them called, "Drugz iz badd - and other three-word belief systems".
Hello dipshit. I am too drunk...and tired to read your nonsensical bullshit. Let me guess, you know it all? Nice.

Now, go **** yourself you Jesus freak fucker. Also, I knew a simple knock at your brilliance would have you crawling out the woodwork :) Did Jesus not tell you some sh** about.. you know..eye for an... o wait..wrong bullshit saying. Oh thats right, it was when he said - do not be a massive egotistical ***. Good on Jesus! Praise me un to him! Listen to the crucified dude.. he had a point...

Did I play this? I forget.. for you.. remember...you're better than all others :) Hang in there.

In hopes you find Allah.. the one true god.. cos well.. he has a nicer beard.. oh wait..allah has no form :O Krishna? No, he shaves. Well, one of those *** gods had a lovely beard - that one! He is the true God..sure as sh** not a woman.. unless hormonal imbalance had her grow a beard...yah never know. Also...

cidal

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Even Moriarty had the sense.. basic fucking common sense not to respond to my drivel. But a son of god ***.. no :) Thank you for making my point, you knob. Imagine, a guy promoting his religion through the internet proving he is a daft dildo on a cross.

Religious people - if they need to advertise for the concept as massive as...GOD! Imagine how massive their egos are? Go on, yah fucking tit no one wants to suck - respond ....oh.... hugs.

cidal

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

I got kicked so Im back. You know.. drunk with tunes and no place to go. You make very little sense. What was your point? It is almost like you start any debate thinking you know better than anyone else about , well - everything.

Dude, you're a *** who lives here - apparently have long before I got here. I stumbled on to this place when drunk one day. It stuck and it's fun. But you, wow. You're like this serious muppet who thinks you have a point that others need to hear.. HAVE to hear. Your endless arrogance is lovely. No actual point, just bullshit and .. oh, I know better! Nice.

What is lovely is this. No matter any debate won or lost - you have to live your life :) The satisfaction in knowing your life is here, matters. It seems like Jesus did find you a place - hidden here so people in your real life remain safe from your bullshit and you end up debating he likes of me ..lovely..

See. I agree - Jesus knows, man! He knows you're a pointless *** and should be here with me.. and who knew that first? You did! Good boy.

Yeah, I ran out of people who I could bait.. so you're like a religious-nut-recycle...reJesus? Seems disrespectful to people who like Jesus but are not cunts.. so..let us just call you a ***.

cidal

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

Id also like to know. you know.. if Jesus is real...why would he give one of his advertises such a punchable face? Makes no sense. I hear Jesus had a mind that was beyond reproach..god like! But he chose to give you that face?

I mean dude, this is no knock on your looks and looking like a guy who needs to be punched hard. I mean ****, you're lovely looking in comparison to me.. I have a dog as my face cos well.. .so sad...but I am not a handsome man. But I don't have a powerful God backing me.. so I get I look like I do.. but you..let me guess.. Jesus has time to test cunts? Thee will be born a punchable *** - so thy thee will learn some shiteth?

The lovely thing is, not only did he **** you with that head of yours. He fucked you with your personality and being a dullard? Seems a tough test. They say Jesus only tests those he loves.. so Jesus must love you the most, ever. Forget Magdelene. You are the new 13th person at that meal..yayyy! I always knew Jesus had a hard on for you...now we know.. well...

Back