Come on.. Lets settle this.. Who are better, Northerners or Southerners?

Northerners or Southerners?

• Total voters

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
5, 3 so far.
We are a few, but a good few.
Im going to start canvassing the cockneys in chat tonight for votes.
This is not over.
Could be a swing in votes, tonight.
The south will not go quietly, you might have better bands, and chip shops, and possibly football teams.
But many of you move here, and lets be frank here, how many southners migrate, to accrington, bury, or stockport.
Not many!

C

CrazyCatLady

I won't ever trust anyone who doesn't understand the need for gravy on chips. Weirdos.

Midlands btw
I love chips in gravy! :p They are essentially skinny, thin cut roast potatoes, so I'll dip them in anything....gravy, curry, cheese sauce....hungry now! Lol

C

CrazyCatLady

5, 3 so far.
We are a few, but a good few.
Im going to start canvassing the cockneys in chat tonight for votes.
This is not over.
Could be a swing in votes, tonight.
The south will not go quietly, you might have better bands, and chip shops, and possibly football teams.
But many of you move here, and lets be frank here, how many southners migrate, to accrington, bury, or stockport.
Not many!
You can add another 1 to the Southerners.

C

CrazyCatLady

Born and grew up in East Anglia and lived in Humberside for a while as kid- step-father was a northerner and we tried living close to his family for a while. Must say, it was one of the strangest times of my life! The education was behind the schools I'd been to in my home town; one school I went to, I was only one of two girls in the whole class (there were only 6 girls in our whole year); fashion was a few years behind the south and they were still wearing shell suits, when everyone down south was burning them, and the working class family culture tended to be based around a social club. It wasn't church on a Sunday- it was a social club!
But it was much friendlier. People were less on the defence/offence than down south. Everyone knew everyone and no one appeared to be a stranger. Living down south, we could live next door to someone for years and not know their name. Up north, we lived in a couple of houses and each time, as soon as we moved in, the neighbours were out in force with food, stuff for making tea and a friendly welcome.

I have to support the south, because it's where I'm from and was mostly raised, but I'm a fan of the north- it's like a friendly hug to the harsh, busy, cold south.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Can I vote twice? That would bump up the Southerners vote!
Talking about weird food combinations, whose daft idea was it to make giant Yorkshire puds, filled with a dinner complete with gravy.
Yech!

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The North is famous for Ian Bradey ,Moyra Hindly ,Peter Sutcliffe and JS ...and a few more nutters.

A redeeming feature is Littlewoods Stores which is excellent for good credit service .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
And the south has Crippen, Nilsen, Amelia Dyer, Jack TheRipper …. But hey, it’s not a fecking competition. :rolleyes:
Blimey! If you intend to go back a few centuries i`m sure i can find yet more Northern killers to catch up! :).
Jack the Ripper was 1860 i think and not even English if stories are true.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
5 5, deadlocked.
Ive been on the campaign trail in chat, and the 800 pms i sent, were well worth the two votes.
Be no northern votes today.
Sunday, they will only have sprouts and gravy on their minds.
2 people, out of 800, im thinking i might become a jehovas witness, or a door to door salesman now.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Dennis nilsen, bill gates, whos next?
Bad deniis hailed from abderdeen way, last time i looked on a map, thats as north as you can go!
You aint saddling us with him!

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Bad do you recall chirpy cockney ian wright joining burnley.
He plied his trade up north, for a while.
Did that make him a northerner?
The south has stated our postion on dennis, makes a mean curry, but not one of ours.

Back