Captain Tom

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Our leader Boris has just asked us to clap for Capt Tom tonight at 6pm.
He was an inspiration to a great many by raising an incredible amount of money for charity. He was a true British bulldog. Some (not me) are questioning the wisdom of his travelling to Barbados in December for a holiday. My question is - are we partaking in the 'cult of the individual'?

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
He was an inspiration to a great many by raising an incredible amount of money for charity. He was a true British bulldog. Some (not me) are questioning the wisdom of his travelling to Barbados in December for a holiday. My question is - are we partaking in the 'cult of the individual'?

I will not be clapping have not done so before will not start now The great people of the HNS have express there wished before stay safe stay home indoors,
o think going on hols was what he needed , he some how I think knew his days was numbered so I am glad he had a break. The pneumonia, he could of caught, anywhere. My mother died from it and she was in a hospital [10years ago]
Si i will raise a glass and toast him instead , but this house will not be clapping .

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yes.

Just to clarify, I have the utmost respect for the mans service and achievements throughout his life, not just the unity he brought from the whole of the UK.
However, when the public has to raise money for a government run institution, perhaps there needs to be more focus brought to that fact.
Perhaps we should question why funding has continued to increase yet we have lost 70,000 hospital beds over the last 15 years.

See you at roll call one day Tom, you will be missed.

Back