Call that a storm?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well, they did! Ciara. HuH! I've seen worse from the end of Brighton pier on a summer day, And the fuss, it's worse than the Coronavirus upset, Trains, busses stopped, Bridges shut, warnings to stay indoors, tie down all the garden stuff, It's enough to make a mute laugh.
I'd go out for a walk in the park, if it hadn't been shut, because of weather!

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well, they did! Ciara. HuH! I've seen worse from the end of Brighton pier on a summer day, And the fuss, it's worse than the Coronavirus upset, Trains, busses stopped, Bridges shut, warnings to stay indoors, tie down all the garden stuff, It's enough to make a mute laugh.
Better here - 96 mph winds, bridges onto the mainland shut and small ones washed away, trees and powerlines down, landslides, floods and surfers having the time of their lives! Fabulous viewing (from afar!).

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The storm forced the postponement of the Manchester City game, good thing some might think.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
What sort of surfer goes out in those conditions?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I saw on the news that one wind-surfer went out against all advice and was found miles down the coast in the water by air/sea rescue. He should be banned from surfing!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I saw on the news that one wind-surfer went out against all advice and was found miles down the coast in the water by air/sea rescue. He should be banned from surfing!
I hope they gave him a huge bill, as well as a rollicking!

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

It has been a very bad storm indeed for some people, especially those flooded out of their home, those whose power is off, and have had trees down, one person has been killed.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Agreed. I feel the same about people who go up mountains in flip-flops!
They weren't wearing flip-flops lol, but 4 students have been rescued from Ben Nevis in an 80mph blizzard after attempting to climb the mountain during storm Ciara wearing. . . . .trainers! These young people are our future :rolleyes:

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
They weren't wearing flip-flops lol, but 4 students have been rescued from Ben Nevis in an 80mph blizzard after attempting to climb the mountain during storm Ciara wearing. . . . .trainers! These young people are our future :rolleyes:
They should be made to pay for the cost of their rescue.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
They should be made to pay for the cost of their rescue.
Indeed, also they put the lives of the rescuers at risk, the last I heard they were recovering in hospital, no wonder the NHS is overstretched .

Back