Buzzwords

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
To relieve the boredom, the other half and I play a game when we're watching the news. If we hear the words 'protect the nhs',the winner is the first to shout 'Bingo!'. The loser has to do a forfeit. Matt Hancock always gets my full attention because you can guarantee he will say it. I suppose I should get out more, but I can't :rolleyes:

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
To relieve the boredom, the other half and I play a game when we're watching the news. If we hear the words 'protect the nhs',the winner is the first to shout 'Bingo!'. The loser has to do a forfeit. Matt Hancock always gets my full attention because you can guarantee he will say it. I suppose I should get out more, but I can't :rolleyes:
Jokingly, and occasionally, quite seriously, I mention current buzzwords in the chat rooms because the Media is reliant on clichés and sound bites. The most popular ones that I seem to hear repeatedly are:
Exponentially
Unprecedented
Ecosystems
Algorithms
And, apparently, amid has been a word of choice in the Media. Mind you, it is somewhat versatile in the circumstances.
Global and Viral have become popular for obvious reasons but they already had been over-used to death!​
I have also found it amusing that people graduated from the mundane Coronavirus to the clinical Covid-19.
There are bound to be lots more that will become adopted, household words in the very near future.

Watch this space.
;)

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
PPE.....well ya know what i mean ..lol

Last edited:
T

Tandy

flatten the curve

whatever it takes

scientific advice

the front line

clap for the heros

social distancing

meanwhille the world just im time system is dead, our supply chains are dead, our agriculture is on bypas, not to mention the world was all ready fucked before this virus, ok dont sh** your pants but if you havent alreay sh** your pants, you obvuously dont were pants!

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Apologies, but I also forgot to add "Stay Safe". Something that was rarely mentioned in the past unless you were engaged in a high-risk activity. It is now, seemingly, the valediction of choice.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
The latest addition is 'baby steps', which I think is an analogy of the country's predicted, economic recovery.

I'm sure that more will become prevalent in the foreseeable future.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
'Ya know' every few words makes me boil.
Also 'like.
It;s so fekin repetitive...yaknow!'

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
My current favourite buzzword, used on this site, is GOADING.

Cambridge ENGLISH Dictionary Definition: to make a person or an animal react or do something by continuously annoying or upsetting them.

To put this into 'chat perspective'.... it means that you have the option to IGNORE anyone whose chat you find contradictory to yours.

Essentially, goading is only something that makes someone react to something they find unpleasant, which again, is open to interpretation.

Why isn't the option to ignore chatters who 'goad' being encouraged?

At the end of the day, there cannot be a 'victim' .... only someone who isn't aware of, or chooses to ignore that capability.

I expect that my most ardent follower (SAD) will leap at the opportunity to say something utterly pointless.

The rest of you, feel free to respond with something equally pithy …..

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'Ramping up' seems to be getting uttered quite often in the Corona press briefings.
My current favourite buzzword, used on this site, is GOADING.
Am I to take it your permission to access the chat rooms has been denied and that you are now suspended (Banned)?
I only enquire because you appear to be ramping up your exasperation with the site, i'd desist if I were you. There's an old saying "He who fights a battle he knows he can't win - is a fool" :rolleyes:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
'Ramping up' seems to be getting uttered quite often in the Corona press briefings.

Am I to take it your permission to access the chat rooms has been denied and that you are now suspended (Banned)?
I only enquire because you appear to be ramping up your exasperation with the site, i'd desist if I were you. There's an old saying "He who fights a battle he knows he can't win - is a fool" :rolleyes:

You started off this Thread and now you don't even make a relevant post to something you created!

I have now found barely a handful of people who actually do make relevant and intelligent posts in the Forums, hence my own Thread requesting interesting and sensible topics.

I knew I was being far too optimistic ......

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
This one NEVER goes away but, sadly, it does not apply any logic: "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem".
It reminds me very much of the notion that if you don't opt-out of organ donation then you must, by omission, be assumed as accepting to be a donor. :rolleyes:
I have no doubt it will be making a frequent comeback in 'bandwagon' manifestos.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score

Just as well we don't have Christopher Hitchens commenting in the Forums otherwise we'd all look pretty simple and embarrassing souls.
I don't think I've ever come across anyone who can apply deductive reasoning so eloquently. He truly is a joy to watch.

Many of his videos on YouTube demonstrate why he was held in such great esteem by thinking people.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Just asked the other half what a 'Karen' was and got told if i don't know I'm definitely not 'Woke' :rolleyes:. I suspect it might be for the best, seeing as I'm a white, lower middle-class, nimby, "don't mind illegal-immigrants as long as they don't come and live next door" type of person.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"collective amnesia" What British special forces were said to be suffering from when questioned about possible war crimes in Afghanistan... hmmmmmmmm!

Back