Bullying online.

S

Saphire

To get back on topic...

The rise of the internet has spiralled bullying in a different direction, it can be relentless, and for many kids it can cause huge problems.

This is how bullying used to be sorted....

When my son was just 11, recently started senior school, he was bullied by a couple of older boys on the bus coming home.
One ordered him to get up and give him his seat, son refused, the lad grabbed him and threw him off the seat (this boy and his mate were 14, much bigger than my son) anyway, my son was thrown to the floor he banged his head. It made him feel sick, so he got off the bus at the next stop and walked the couple of miles home. In the dark, in winter.

We found this out after a couple more incidents' where the older lads, one in particular, went after my son... after repeatedly questioning my son, because I knew something was up, all this came out.

We phoned school to complain, nothing was done.
We went in to see the headmaster, the bully was apparently quite the student, we were told he had denied everything, so the head decided no further action would be necessary....in fact, the onus seemed to be on my son to keep out of his way...hard to do when bully was seeking him out after school.

My husband went to pick son up from school the next week, waited for the older kids to come out, asked who this certain kid was who was doing the bullying, as he walked out, my husband confronted him, said "Hi, I'm *****'s dad,,' if you so much as look at my lad the wrong way again, you will know about it" the kids classmates were loving this, the lad almost lost control of his bladder, he scarpered quick.

End of bullying.

Sadly, it's not so easy to sort nowadays.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Sadly, it's not so easy to sort nowadays.
No, these days the kids classmates would all be videoing it to put it online. Knowing this, the bully would feel empowered to provoke the child's dad to do something that would get him charged by the police and your son probably excluded :rolleyes:
I had a child bullied at school and you have this terrible feeling of helplessness. Thankfully in my case, the school were absolutely brilliant. When I went in and told them what was going on, their reaction was "This stops now!" - and it DID stop.

S

Saphire

No, these days the kids classmates would all be videoing it to put it online. Knowing this, the bully would feel empowered to provoke the child's dad to do something that would get him charged by the police and your son probably excluded :rolleyes:
I had a child bullied at school and you have this terrible feeling of helplessness. Thankfully in my case, the school were absolutely brilliant. When I went in and told them what was going on, their reaction was "This stops now!" - and it DID stop.
That is brilliant LadyOnARooftop.
Schools should always be on top of bullying, I'm glad the school your child went to sorted it out, and quick.

You are right about how the kids would be filming everything nowadays, it's a different world to when our kids went to school.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
What with all the PC stuff and Now the Woke, what chance do parent's actually have to keep their kids in control?

My two lads are grown up now thank god but i remember my youngest coming home from school telling me about this kid trying to bully him and the bully said..." My dads got a GUN"...It scared the crap out of my lad and when he got home he couldn't wait to tell me about it.

Calm as anything I told my lad..." Well next time you see that kid tell him this..."My Dad's got a BIGGER GUN THAN YOUR DAD".

The bullying was stopped before it even started.!

That was back in 2003.....times have changed but I think the same Logic applies.

Sometimes a reply people aren't expecting.... goes a long way.

Back