Bullying online.

S

Saphire

Not hate speech, not someone calling you a fat cow or a stupid little man (how would they know? ;)) but proper bullying, where WITHOUT REASON you are the chosen target of the month, year, whatever.

I think a thread concentrating on online bullying may, hopefully, stop other threads that I and other members tart, being sidetracked by complaints of online bullying, be it here or anywhere else.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
I think a thread concentrating on online bullying may, hopefully, stop other threads that I and other members tart, being sidetracked by complaints of online bullying, be it here or anywhere else.

I absolutely agree REAL online bullying should be tackled and especially when it involves children and other groups of vulnerable people. Technology is at the forefront of information gathering in this day and age and an intrinsic part of everyday life. Whether it be google or chatting to groups of friends or sharing information with them.

I do NOT agree bullying on this site is a major issue or quite simply I personally would not use it.

I believe there are bullsh*tters, attention seekers, and all kinds of people playing all kinds of games but that happens everywhere online anyway and also in life in general and the "ignore" function readily resolves that issue online should it become one.

I do not believe calling someone a silly tw*t if they consistently (knowingly) behave like a silly tw*t, is bullying.

If adults stubbornly refuse to use the functions readily available to them to improve their chat experience then I for one have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

You reap what you sow.

C

CrazyCatLady

You're going to get a string of comments from a particular (vile) member, who will claim I bullied him, because I have just sent him a string of cusses and names, left nasty messages on his profile page and threw (justified) comments at him in the chat rooms. All because (a) he is a vile little sh!t and (2) unfortunately he triggered me with his nastiness.
I am not proud of being triggered and if caffeine has been consumed at the point of triggering, I will have simply hacked his IP address and sold his bank details, but I will now leave that for another time.

I expect a Mod slap on the wrist soon or in worst case scenario, a ban.

Nevertheless, whatever happens THAT internet bully/fake victim is going to get his down come. I guarantee that.

S

Saphire

I absolutely agree REAL online bullying should be tackled and especially when it involves children and other groups of vulnerable people. Technology is at the forefront of information gathering in this day and age and an intrinsic part of everyday life. Whether it be google or chatting to groups of friends or sharing information with them.

I do NOT agree bullying on this site is a major issue or quite simply I personally would not use it.

I believe there are bullsh*tters, attention seekers, and all kinds of people playing all kinds of games but that happens everywhere online anyway and also in life in general and the "ignore" function readily resolves that issue online should it become one.

I do not believe calling someone a silly tw*t if they consistently (knowingly) behave like a silly tw*t, is bullying.

If adults stubbornly refuse to use the functions readily available to them to improve their chat experience then I for one have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

You reap what you sow.
I agree, though I never use an ignore button on anyone, I like to know what's being said.:cool:

I think (well know) online bullying definitely goes on, I have seen it, been the recipient, though I never felt like a 'victim' just gave it back with bells on.
But then....I am not a child, nor vulnerable, other people may be, and it's then that bullying should be stopped and dealt with.

Have I seen unprovoked bullying on here, definitely not on the forum, I don't go in the chatrooms so I can't comment on them.

S

Saphire

You're going to get a string of comments from a particular (vile) member, who will claim I bullied him, because I have just sent him a string of cusses and names, left nasty messages on his profile page and threw (justified) comments at him in the chat rooms. All because (a) he is a vile little sh!t and (2) unfortunately he triggered me with his nastiness.
I am not proud of being triggered and if caffeine has been consumed at the point of triggering, I will have simply hacked his IP address and sold his bank details, but I will now leave that for another time.

I expect a Mod slap on the wrist soon or in worst case scenario, a ban.

Nevertheless, whatever happens THAT internet bully/fake victim is going to get his down come. I guarantee that.
I saw what triggered you, it was totally uncalled for. The best response you can give is to just ignore it, dont lower yourself.

Please don't let it bother you, there will always be someone who doubts what you say on a forum, and I know when you have spoken from the heart, that can be upsetting, but dont let it get you down, he is nothing to you, his opinion is worthless to you. x

If it makes you feel better....I posted my pic on a forum once, I was told it wasn't me, it was a member of the Supremes (they are black, I am white) and it was posted when I was in my prime, I am an old hag now (I found that flattering tbh, it was a very recent pic):cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CrazyCatLady

I saw what triggered you, it was totally uncalled for.

Please don't let it bother you, there will always be someone who doubts what you say on a forum, and I know when you have spoken from the heart, that can be upsetting, but dont let it get you down, he is nothing to you, his opinion is worthless to you. x

If it makes you feel better....I posted my pic on a forum once, I was told it wasn't me, it was a member of the Supremes (they are black, I am white) and it was posted when I was in my prime, I am an old hag now (I found that flattering tbh, it was a very recent pic):cool:
Thank you :)
I suppose I have to take some responsibility for sharing such a memory; however, I've had over 30 years to deal with and I have. I don't know why that @rsehat triggered me! (sh!t weed, maybe?)
It was a strange situation, because one of the girls was my oldest friend- our families were old friends and grew up together, so I still had a lot to do with her as a young adult to early 30's and she actually apologised for what they did. She had remorse and I don't hate her for it. I was devastated when she died, and as an adult with a much better understanding of the effects of our f**ked up childhoods, I actually understood why they behaved in the way they did.
The other one though, I have no care for her. I find that really hard. Even years later, when I'd see her out in clubs, she'd sneer and find an opportunity to have a go at me.

And to inform from what the scumbag said- no, the bleach did not scar, but I was left with very bad skin for a long while and a bad scalp. The mixture of the foundation they put on my face diluted the effects of the bleach. I had short hair at the time (a pixie cut)- bleached already from a product called Sun-In- and after the incident, I was left with very bad (dry, burned) skin on my scalp and had to stop using the Sun-In. From then until my mid thirties, I had very bad rosacea to sunshine and certain products and now have to use a specific product to prevent it flaring up (although mostly clear now for 15 years- just gotta stay away from direct sunshine...hiss!).

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Online bullying is not part of our site ,

Simply because we give you the tools to block anyone who would treat you this way ,

So many ppl complain about this and that but the controls are at your fingertips ,

You are able to block ppl in the rooms and on our forum.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Some bullying is almost an art form, It can be so cunning that only the person being bullied knows it's going on. When I was younger, 2 staff nurses used to 'bully' an Asian auxiliary, whenever she passed them, they would start talking to each other about curries "Do you like Madras?", "No I prefer Korma", "Vindaloo is too hot isn't it?" that sort of thing. That's not bullying is it? They were just talking about food, but they knew what they were doing, and so did I. Did I say anything? of course not, I was too much of a coward, scared they would start on me if I did. :(

But bullying on a forum or chat room? ffs roll your eyes and laugh at it, or block them, and if you can't do that - just log off it bothers you that much. As I've said previously, I have seen 'ganging up' in chat rooms and forums, half a dozen going at one, and it's not nice to see. Which is why I always try in some small way to be friendly to the one. (until they accuse me of being in the gang) :)

S

Saphire

Some bullying is almost an art form, It can be so cunning that only the person being bullied knows it's going on. When I was younger, 2 staff nurses used to 'bully' an Asian auxiliary, whenever she passed them, they would start talking to each other about curries "Do you like Madras?", "No I prefer Korma", "Vindaloo is too hot isn't it?" that sort of thing. That's not bullying is it? They were just talking about food, but they knew what they were doing, and so did I. Did I say anything? of course not, I was too much of a coward, scared they would start on me if I did. :(

But bullying on a forum or chat room? ffs roll your eyes and laugh at it, or block them, and if you can't do that - just log off it bothers you that much. As I've said previously, I have seen 'ganging up' in chat rooms and forums, half a dozen going at one, and it's not nice to see. Which is why I always try in some small way to be friendly to the one. (until they accuse me of being in the gang) :)
You are so right, that's the worst kind of bullying imo, it's psychological...very sly, and I do think (in my experience anyway) women tend to do this more than men do.

D

Deadpool

I hope the rest of the people reading this thread read THAT ! She has threatened to hack my bank account and i know it is possible .
That`s not bullying ,thats a THREAT ! Does she know my age ? is that how she treats all old people? plus she pounced on me as soon as i entered the chatroom today (22/11/2021) and hurled a string of abuse at me with no explanation.Not in the room ,but in my PM !
Happily for me i took a photo of it and i hope she does get told off for this threat which is even worse than a threat of beating me up .
The real vile person in this situation isn`t ME it`s HER !
Oh log tf off you effin laxative

Back