Build Your Own Micronation

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
A radio DJ from San Diego called Randy Williams has created his own micronation called 'Slowjamastan' in California, yet it is not officially recognised by the United States. The 'country' has a national anthem called 'Slowjamastan (I think It's Gonna Be an Awesome Place),' a 'parliament,' and a national animal - the ringtail raccoon, plus it also has its own currency - the 'duble,' which is a play on Russia's currency, the Ruble. When asked what the structure of the government is, the 'Sultan' as Williams calls himself, said it's "a dictatorship that's occasionally a democracy". In Slowjamastan, there is a ban on crocs, mumble rap is outlawed and residents are not allowed to drive in the left lane unless actually passing another car, however, no actual citizens live in Slowjamastan, but Williams claims that 5,000 people have signed up to be citizens.

If you could start your own micronation, what would it be called and what laws would you have?
Can't think of a witty name right now, but I know my first 'law' would be a ban on techno music and there'd be a curfew on under 18's. The national animal would be a Silky Chicken (they're the most docile of chickens) and the currency would be the Pont (a play on the old Irish Punt).

Full story- California man creates his own MICRONATION called Slowjamastan - Free Chat Rooms

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
My mcronation would be called 'Orwellian' for obvious reasons....
First thing i'd want is a curfew. A 2 a.m curfew would be fine because nothing good ever happens after 2 a.m - go home! I want cctv on every street corner. If you're not doing anything you shouldn't be doing, you've nothing to worry about. Everyone must supply a DNA sample and every baby born must have it's DNA taken so it will grow up knowing that if it ever does anything wrong - we know who you are. Some might call this a dystopian state, I call it being safe! :p

Where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. But you will be safe! :)

Back