Breaking horses spirits"

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
could have just Googled but am interested in hearing what others think of these two terms "breaking in " a horse, to me that implies literaly breaking a horses spirit, not dissimilar to water torture ,why not just sendem to guantanama for a few weeks, that outa break em good and propa....naaah,dont like that.

And"litter" , oh look my dogs had a litter of pups, like saying oh look my dogs done a sh**, I mean not really much difference in the two is there. I mean who comes up with these terms anyway and is it even allowed? Filth absolute filth

Muppz

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps you should research how a horse is broken in ..........

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
could have just Googled but am interested in hearing what others think of these two terms "breaking in " a horse, to me that implies literaly breaking a horses spirit, not dissimilar to water torture ,why not just sendem to guantanama for a few weeks, that outa break em good and propa....naaah,dont like that.

And"litter" , oh look my dogs had a litter of pups, like saying oh look my dogs done a sh**, I mean not really much difference in the two is there. I mean who comes up with these terms anyway and is it even allowed? Filth absolute filth

Context is important.

Breaking in a horse is simply domesticating it's natural actions.
Same as training a dog.
Perhaps the best example I can speak about is training soldiers, you have to break down the fear respose with training until it becomes instinct.
It's hardly torture, it's simply a way to train a brain to react differently to a situation than a "Normal" person/horse/dog would.

You retrain the simple fight/flight/freeze/f*ck response to something more appropriate to the situations they may find themselves in.
For a soldier that could be combat, for a horse it could be wearing a saddle and jumping.

As for a Litter.
Yes there are various contextual uses of the word.
Rubbish strewn on the ground.
A bed of materials for animals.
A group of offspring from a single birth cycle.

But it's also a way to carry the inferm or injured, like a stretcher perhaps.

Words are what they are, it's how they are used which matters.

Back