Beginning sentences with 'So...'

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Oh right ,

I need your permission for that also.

You are a joke , what you thought i would crumble like the others you constantly taunt ?

Get a life.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
You have pinned your label to the wrong side before but you never learn. Your loss.

You just don't get it.

I will make my own decisions ,

What loss ?

Thank you for your concern but this is boring.

Goodnight.

azureblue

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
So, what really annoys me is people who say 'Very Unique' and it seems to turn up everywhere lately making this old woman even more grumpy.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You know what's pissing me off?
People using the term "reaching out" grr makes me want to punch the offending person.
I have missed 'reaching out'. Is it meant in a sort of counselling / supporty role? Reaching out to help, sort of thing? Bleurrrgh.:mad:

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Laying... 'I have been laying down for an hour'. What, an EGG?! You have been LYING down. LYING. You are not a hen.

C

CatFromHell

I have missed 'reaching out'. Is it meant in a sort of counselling / supporty role? Reaching out to help, sort of thing? Bleurrrgh.:mad:
Just reaching out to say really, you haven't noticed it?

You'll see it used everywhere now

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Just reaching out to say really, you haven't noticed it?

You'll see it used everywhere now
I'm now reaching out to say that no - I haven't! But then I don't do Twatter or Fakebook or similar so that may be why. I am still reading books...

I am going to stop reaching out in this box now cos arms are starting to ache. Cripes - it takes some commitment, this reaching out! x

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm now reaching out to say that no - I haven't! But then I don't do Twatter or Fakebook or similar so that may be why. I am still reading books...

I am going to stop reaching out in this box now cos arms are starting to ache. Cripes - it takes some commitment, this reaching out! x

What are you reaching out for?. Find a tall man and ask him to help reach it.

Padford

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
OoOoOoh I could write fecking sh**-loads on this general topic of using English in a chat room to be heard/understood....

Yep one of the most annoying are those tits who don't know the difference between their/there and they're - come on that's basic (to natives ). Too, to and two, **** that's even more basic. No and know ( come on that's basic (know)ledge init. whereas if a non native spelt it wait rather than weight in the right context, all is forgiven through basic common sense.

Next up against the wall are the double negatives crew-
"I ain't never..."
I can't never..." etc But , you know, the two negatives actually cancel each other out logically speaking lol.

Then, up next for their (yes that's the right one lol) crimes are those who kill the lingo by -
Well, actually, like , you know (spelt no? lol), like literally (meaning metaphorically more like? lol), basically, like, so ...and so on. I'm Pad, but that kinda Padding just isn't necessary, and shows yourself up lol

Another lot are the he-said-she-saids type that never give the damn names enough to work out which fucking he or she it might bloody well be ffs lol (chucked this one in for my Mum lol)

For my part, English is a great language, it can be so precise ( good for use engineers) and also so flowery and descriptive that anyones' imagination can end up in a unique and wonderful place. Don't let the screen generation Murder it (adapt it is fine tho' lol)

Reaction score
I was just reading a thread on this very site that began with 'so'.

Back