Awful remakes...

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Total Recall. I've only just gotten round to watching this version staring Colin Farrell. I know you shouldn't compare remakes to the originals, they have to be judged on their own merits, but imho this is a shambles of a movie. No humour, unrealistic CGI, actors performing stunts as if they were Terminators and it's not even set on Mars! No, the excitement switches between Britain and Australia! :rolleyes:
Any other remakes that should never have seen the light of day? Do share...

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Gosh there are so many.
The latest incarnation of Charlie's Angels with Kristen Stewart. Though it is probably more of a re-imagining, that an actual remake. Stewart launches into a feminist diatribe, in the first 10 minutes of the film. I switched it off after that, and I'm a woman!

The Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage. Are they serious?

A Star is born, with Lady GaGa. Her appeal is lost on me, so I was never going to enjoy it. There is one scene in the film where veteran actor Sam Elliott, launches into a tirade of profanities. This sort of thing really puts me off films and television programmes. A real low point in Sam Elliott's career.

Great idea for a thread, in the words of the great Arnie "I'll be back!"

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Completely agree about The Wicker Man. I remember the first time I saw this movie, towards the end I just thought all the police are going to turn up, sweep down in helicopters and rescue him... I didn't care much for the remake.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Operation Mincemeat
This is a remake of 'The Man Who Never Was'. I watched this last night on Sky, wasn't expecting much from it and I only put it on because Colin Firth was in it. If you get a chance try and catch the original staring that old Hollywood femme fatale Gloria Grahame.

Enraged_Anarchy

♫ MUSIC IS LIFE ♫
Reaction score
Point Break (2015)

Like they could ever do aswell as the original with Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- Gene Wilder was sinister in a comical way. Johnny Depp was just creepy.

Annie- the 1982 movie was set in the 1933 and that was part of the charm of it- the time it was set it. Yet the 2014 remake was set in 2014 and just crap.

I tell ya what was a good remake though- turning The Time Travellers Wife in to a mini-series. Absolutely loving it!

doonhamer3

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Does a film version of a tv series count ?
In that case The Equalizer, good enough film in it's own way but in the original tv series Edward Woodward had a coldness in his characterisation, probably because he was Callan after retirement.

The Val Kilmer film of The Saint, not a patch on Roger Moore.

Probably come up with more if I though about it.

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
Total Recall. I've only just gotten round to watching this version staring Colin Farrell. I know you shouldn't compare remakes to the originals, they have to be judged on their own merits, but imho this is a shambles of a movie. No humour, unrealistic CGI, actors performing stunts as if they were Terminators and it's not even set on Mars! No, the excitement switches between Britain and Australia! :rolleyes:
Any other remakes that should never have seen the light of day? Do share...
yeah The Equalizer (the movie) should never have been shot it's a sin!

Back