Awful remakes...

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Total Recall. I've only just gotten round to watching this version staring Colin Farrell. I know you shouldn't compare remakes to the originals, they have to be judged on their own merits, but imho this is a shambles of a movie. No humour, unrealistic CGI, actors performing stunts as if they were Terminators and it's not even set on Mars! No, the excitement switches between Britain and Australia! :rolleyes:
Any other remakes that should never have seen the light of day? Do share...

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Gosh there are so many.
The latest incarnation of Charlie's Angels with Kristen Stewart. Though it is probably more of a re-imagining, that an actual remake. Stewart launches into a feminist diatribe, in the first 10 minutes of the film. I switched it off after that, and I'm a woman!

The Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage. Are they serious?

A Star is born, with Lady GaGa. Her appeal is lost on me, so I was never going to enjoy it. There is one scene in the film where veteran actor Sam Elliott, launches into a tirade of profanities. This sort of thing really puts me off films and television programmes. A real low point in Sam Elliott's career.

Great idea for a thread, in the words of the great Arnie "I'll be back!"

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Completely agree about The Wicker Man. I remember the first time I saw this movie, towards the end I just thought all the police are going to turn up, sweep down in helicopters and rescue him... I didn't care much for the remake.