Any Change of Heart ?

Should the Government carry on with the current policy of Lockdowns or start Herd policy

• Total voters

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Since experiencing on long Lockdown and now into another shorter one ,can we have a poll as to whether anyone has changed their minds about whether Lockdowns help to slow the rate of spread of Covid19 or not?.

Zo_So

'This is the mystery of the quotient..' LZ
Reaction score
Not sure a poll(?) would achieve any fair results .
The evidence supports that a lockdown slows/slowed the spread... in Australia anyway... I live in Queensland Au... In march our lockdown here was immediate, & most adhered to it... almost 450 cases at the onset...by May that figure was down to 3.... a second wave in august had us at
418... then the borders were closed, & our figures dropped to 24.... all in all Queenslands total figures....
Recovered
Deaths
There have been 907 deaths in all, in Australia... not a lot by world standards but way too many by mine...

Last edited:

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Since experiencing on long Lockdown and now into another shorter one ,can we have a poll as to whether anyone has changed their minds about whether Lockdowns help to slow the rate of spread of Covid19 or not?.

I won't vote as both work.

Unfortunately everyone does what they want and they don't listen to what they are told so neither work for the UK :)

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Around here, you would have thought that there is no Lockdown apart from the pubs being open. I do think lockdowns do work provided people abide by the regulations, but clearly they are not! However, I think that perhaps hospitality places should be able to open as most of them have put social distancing in place, however, I strongly believe that should they be able to open they should only serve Alcohol whilst sitting at a table or with a meal. These places have spent a lot of money regarding keeping the social distance between people in place and it seems unfair that these business have to suffer because the customers are busy flaunting the regulations. Also I believe that the same should apply to the hair and beauty industry. I also think that these business need to start thinking outside the box rather than moan that they cannot operate in the same way that they did.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I tend to agree about the Hospitality areas being treated a bit too harshly. After all ,it`s the general public who create the problem when they herd outside of the pubs after a few rounds. Would it be worth a trial /study to see if only Alcohol Free drinks were allowed to be served inside? and off licenses /supermarkets were banned from selling Alcohol drinks ? .

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Cant believe a friend of mine today been to see her brother at his house hes got cancer and having a op tomorrow surely she shouldt go to his house

B

Bad_Influence

Cant believe a friend of mine today been to see her brother at his house hes got cancer and having a op tomorrow surely she shouldt go to his house

Like I’ve said Words, folk in general (not everyone) are ignoring the lockdown. I’ve just been into town (for essentials) and even the charity shop is open and plenty of folk about.
It’s time to shield the vulnerable and let the country get back on its feet.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Bad i been speaking to friends today at a distance with a mask on and most of them tell me they wont take antipode against the virus

Personably i will have it be first in line :)

B

Bad_Influence

Bad i been speaking to friends today at a distance with a mask on and most of them tell me they wont take antipode against the virus

Personably i will have it be first in line :)

I think it’s personal choice mate. I won’t be taking the vaccine but only because I don’t believe it can be tested thoroughly enough to know the side effects or the long term effects. But I fully understand anyone who chooses to take it.

Back