And now for something completely indifferent ...

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Subjects that we dare not discuss in the Forum at the moment because of their controversial content:

1. So-called male violence towards women
2. Meghan & Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey
3. The Black Lives Matter campaign

If there are any other more inflammatory subjects that I have not included, please let me know.

Unlike religion and politics, the above seem to be far more sensitive issues in the current climate.

My personal opinion is that too many people, in these 'unprecedented times', have far too much time on their hands to find grievance in anything that seems to suggest 'minority' exclusion.
To counter this we have to be grateful to altruistic establishments such as the BBC who will always give the minority view a voice. Where would we be without the BBC?
Surely, this is now 'The Age of The Woke', and it is gathering pace at such an alarming rate that it is becoming unstoppable!
Your cautiously-worded views would be welcomed to this cautiously-worded thread.

:cool:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Subjects that we dare not discuss in the Forum at the moment because of their controversial content:
It may not be the case of "dare not", more "don't want to". Coming online is a form of escapism from the drudge of everyday life. So keep it light! :)

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's not "so-called" violence towards women. there is violence towards women that leads to their deaths. And most of it is done in the homes, by their partners. So i think it that sense I'm glad it's been brought up as a topic. As it concerns safety and walking around at night, i wouldn't feel comfortable with either my mother or sister walking the streets alone. I will always offer to go with them if they need to go out anywhere.

As for BLM, i understood from the beginning that it was a funded organization with a purpose. Now it's become a multi-billion dollar funded political organization with the back of powerful corporations and institutions.

And I've seen and heard the same actions from the vigil in London. Same chants, same types of people who have infiltrated the vigil. There are people out there(mostly women), who want to protest and have their voices hear, but it's being infiltrated by crisis actors and professionals. And they managed to get the perfect snap shot of that red haired lady being masked and dragged away by the Police. So i have my suspicions of where this is going. I think this could be used as our version of George Flyod.

The Meghan and Harry interview was nothing surprising or exciting. Yes, i do believe the royal family institution are racist. I don't think that's any surprise to anyone. It's in their blood. And I'm not anti-royal, but i know who they are and what they represent. They represent the dying and decayed British Empire of old.

Back