admin can u answer?

midget_gem

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
why isnt it across the board on the headers in all the chatroom just no swearing across the board? some rooms say avoid swearing, another says no major swear words, and other say no swearing. shouldnt no swearing be in every room. why different rules for different chatrooms. not very fair isnt now, can admin please explain.

J

JustinCredible

Just don't swear at all and you'll be ok but especially don't use the 'C ' word (Connie).

Goodnight_irene

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
time to realise we are ADULTS not children. Also time to clarify the points made last night in Scotland room ffs

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Oh dear Irene they aint at it in Scotland are they............thought it was bad enough listening to the other rants.

B

badly

Is not using the C word a directive from the site owner?,or is it something the mods have decided for themselves?,and if so do they have the authority to do that?.
Is it up to mods to make their own rules up as they go along?.
Remember one mod saying footy chat was banned in lobby during the world cup?.Not because of any site directive am sure,but a couple of women constantly whine whenever 2 guys mention anything footy related and the new mod decides footy chat is banned.
Thats just stupid,we're not children to be told what we can and cannot discuss.
Their now banning critisism of islam as racism.Is that a site directive too?..Can i criticise jehovahs witnesses religion? or mormons? or is that racist too?
Why are mods making up their own rules?,and,are they allowed to?
We need clarity!

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Blimey Badly, it must be the iffy rooms u go in...........I have never been told I cant say that or the other or anything else.

B

badly

Blimey Badly, it must be the iffy rooms u go in...........I have never been told I cant say that or the other or anything else.
2 people were banned from chat on sunday in lobby for posting memes poking fun at burkahs that's been in the news all week.
We live in a world where criticism of an article of clothing can be considered hate speech and criticism of islam is considered racist.

F

FaeryDust

It depends on what is being said. Taking the mick out of any religion at all is not allowed,regardless of what it is.

B

badly

It depends on what is being said. Taking the mick out of any religion at all is not allowed,regardless of what it is.
That may mean well,but in reality it just isn't true.
Countless times on a regular basis i'm derided for my christian belief's.I'm a dumb senseless creationist,anyone that believes creation is beyond dumb,anyone denying evolution is really beyond stupid and brainless.
I have never once asked for a mod to get involved or seen a mod get involved..

F

FaeryDust

I'm sorry that's happened to you. I can't say what other mods have done or haven't done, but if you're getting bullied for your beliefs, please feel free to screenshot the conversations, and look for me in chat, or give me a message, and I can look through, and deal with it in the most effective way.

B

badly

I'm sorry that's happened to you. I can't say what other mods have done or haven't done, but if you're getting bullied for your beliefs, please feel free to screenshot the conversations, and look for me in chat, or give me a message, and I can look through, and deal with it in the most effective way.
You see,i wouldnt do that at all.thats not my point.I dont see the need to report anything.Every religion should be open to criticism and open to public debate and everyone has the right to voice opinion.I have never once felt bullied that someone feels im dumb for believing creation.
Comedians have forever had career's poking fun at religion and i stand by their right to continue to do so.

Hollie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
time to realise we are ADULTS not children. Also time to clarify the points made last night in Scotland room ffs

Hiya Irene, was trying to explain the no swearing thing .. as you know lot of questions from chatters and was quite funny at times .. Probably best just not to swear..... makes for a far nicer chat experience :D see you all later in room :)

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
cant see this is from the owners cos when i argued the case of no swearing when this site first opened i was told by cozzter to ignore it as it wasnt going to stop, he was rather abrupt with me at the time, I just wanted the C words banned,, seems they have go e a little too far by banning all swearing

midget_gem

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
cant see this is from the owners cos when i argued the case of no swearing when this site first opened i was told by cozzter to ignore it as it wasnt going to stop, he was rather abrupt with me at the time, I just wanted the C words banned,, seems they have go e a little too far by banning all swearing

in certain rooms it says no swearing, in others avoid, and in lobby no major swear words. so it's not really a total ban really.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I logged into chat this morning [big mistake ] sat idling the time of day in the lobby , my what an eye opener that was men swearing at women [not young men older men ] and women swearing back at them . forgive me but i always thought was not ladylike to swear.
So can the no swearing ban be spread right across the chat. just a thought.

Last edited:

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
in certain rooms it says no swearing, in others avoid, and in lobby no major swear words. so it's not really a total ban really.
a swear words is swearing,, there isnt any major ones..Megs i didnt have swearing in my house when i was little, so i dont now

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I logged into chat this morning [big mistake ] sat idling the time of day in the lobby , my what an eye opener that was men swearing at women [not young men older men ] and women swearing back at them . forgive me but i always thought was not ladylike to swear.
So can the no swearing ban be spread right across the chat. just a thought.

Perhaps folks like you shouldn't be on THIS site.?

You are trying to make it your own little swear free zone... so you and all the other little old biddies can get on with your inane, meaningless posts.

My father was an Officer in the British Army and later went on to be a Lawyer. I Had a very strict upbringing. No swearing in our house..!

Now...**** fuckerty **** ****...We are ADULTS....If you don't want to read a swear word...**** off to a site that doesn't allow it. :mad:

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Perhaps folks like you shouldn't be on THIS site.?

You are trying to make it your own little swear free zone... so you and all the other little old biddies can get on with your inane, meaningless posts.

My father was an Officer in the British Army and later went on to be a Lawyer. I Had a very strict upbringing. No swearing in our house..!

Now...**** fuckerty **** ****...We are ADULTS....If you don't want to read a swear word...**** off to a site that doesn't allow it. :mad:

we all entitled to have a say that was mine like your father i agree with him no need for it .
you just shown u no respect for your elders

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
to late,, i think this site is clamping down on swearing,,, now altair you may have to go to a site that DOES allow it lolll

Back