70 glorious years: The inexorable decline of Britain and how the Queen helped.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
BRITAIN has been sliding towards a gloom-ridden dystopia over the last 70 years and the Queen has done nothing to stop it. Here’s how it unfolded.

1952-1962

Britain loses its empire and relinquishes its status as a world power under the Queen’s reign, with a few countries patronisingly keeping her face on money. Her Majesty has three children as did millions of other women.

1962-1972

The country is transformed by baby boomers with wild fashions, pop music, and radically different sexual and societal mores. The Queen stands as a proud figurehead to all those resisting any improvement in their daily lives and demanding subservience to a ruling class, just as she does today.

1972-1982

The collapse of British manufacturing and Thatcher’s war on the unions devastates working-class Britain. Inflation is rampant and unemployment high. Our monarch decides to cheer things up with a big celebration of her, which we pay for, and a fancy wedding for her son.

1982-1992

Son’s expensive marriage falls apart, because he didn’t want to marry the woman his mum made him marry and didn’t much like her. Poll tax riots and Black Monday. At the end Her Majesty feels sorry for herself because there was a fire at her house and she has to pay tax.

1992-2002

Bollocked by the nation for improperly mourning the death of her daughter-in-law, who she was less than fond of. The country suffers recession and New Labour. The Queen is largely indifferent and is punished for it by spending new year in the Millennium Dome holding Tony Blair’s hand.

2002-2012

War in Iraq, a credit crunch, tens of thousands of homeless and the sale of everything bar the monarchy to foreign interests. The Queen holds another two big Jubilees in honour of herself and the whole country spends four days drinking white cider in the rain.

2012-2022

Trump becomes president, Brexit splits Britain, and Her Majesty happily agrees to illegally prorogue parliament rather than make a fuss. Has Trump over like that’s acceptable. Grandson marries a black woman who’s welcomed to the family and hounded out of the country. Pays off son’s court case for sex allegations. Another celebration is certainly due.

StanE

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Andrew Marr has done a series of programmes called the Elizabethans. May I suggest you watch all three they are all on BBC iPlayer.
e.g. Your take on Pop culture, it actually brought £100 billion in the country.

I worked in manufacturing and it hasn't gone away, I know of companies making stuff, lights out, automatic machines working 24/7, run by families. People who put their houses up against one machine, people who when it arrived, nearly had to send their trousers to the cleaners, the reality of what they had done in front of them. Within a year they all bought another one.

May I also suggest you watch "Click" in the the BBC news channel it's on at 12:30 today. You will gradually find out what's really going on. The programme is watched worldwide and has a studio in in India.

Which of course brings me to the Commonwealth, 54 countries 2.5 billion people 1/3 of the worlds population. All speaking English, all now part of the Anglosphere and now includes the USA (unofficial member of the Commonwealth:) Do you recall the submarine caper and Mr Macaroon being miffed that we are to help the Ozzies make some, why, because we all realised that the Anglosphere has merely grown and not changed. The Sun never sets is just as true as it was 200 years ago.

Stop whining and go and DO something.

Back