40's and is this it?

Kiki75

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I've never done this online/blog thing whatever this is but I had a need to talk to people and my friends couldn't understand, but I'm hoping some of you will. I'm 47 live on my own in my own small flat, i have a good job that pays well, and i have friends round the corner and further afield but my feeling is...is that it?...Do i have my retirement home already, do i have a job i love and stay in it till i retire in 20 years?? I feel like i have made the perfect life for me at 67 but i'm 47 and I don't want to through away what i have and what many people would strive for but i also cant do the groundhog thing every day for the next 20 years. Has anyone else gone through this?

Cirdan

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I've never done this online/blog thing whatever this is but I had a need to talk to people and my friends couldn't understand, but I'm hoping some of you will. I'm 47 live on my own in my own small flat, i have a good job that pays well, and i have friends round the corner and further afield but my feeling is...is that it?...Do i have my retirement home already, do i have a job i love and stay in it till i retire in 20 years?? I feel like i have made the perfect life for me at 67 but i'm 47 and I don't want to through away what i have and what many people would strive for but i also cant do the groundhog thing every day for the next 20 years. Has anyone else gone through this?
Totally empathise with where you're coming from! I had to something to kick myself out of a rut! I took up karate which, having just turned 50, does push mind and body but it's very good for both! A new sport, hobby, social group etc can work wonders.

Back