30 years ago today we lost the legend that is Freddie Mercury.

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
30 Years ago today, we lost a true legend in music.
Queen has been such a massive part of my life. Their music has been through all my bad times with me, celebrated all my good times and never fails to cause evocative feelings in me. . I remember falling in love with them aged 10 watching Live Aid.

They have been there for my 'Break-Free' and Breakthrou' moments. Shown me 'Friends Will be Friends'.
When I've been down they have given me 'A Kind of Magic' and made me feel 'It's A Beautiful Day'.
Even though it's sometimes 'A Hard Life' that we go 'Headlong' into feeling 'Under Pressure, and I've had moments that have felt like I'm waiting for the 'Hammer To Fall.

I believe in 'The Miracle' and will try to be a 'Cool Cat' and indeed maybe find 'Somebody To Love' perhaps even 'The Love Of My Life' Haa yes
'I want It All' with ' One Vision'

'Don't Stop Me Now' I have one more thing to add. Nope I'm not 'Going Slightly Mad' just want to say.

From this middle aged 'Fat Bottomed Girl' Thank You Freddie... Thank you Queen .. Now gimmie, gimmie, gimmie, gimmie gimmie Fried Chicken! (If you know, you know. x

Last edited:

HeuristicMonkey

part time human
Reaction score
30 Years ago today, we lost a true legend in music.
Queen has been such a massive part of my life. Their music has been through all my bad times with me, celebrated all my good times and never fails to cause evocative feelings in me. . I remember falling in love with them aged 10 watching Live Aid.

They have been there for my 'Break-Free' and Breakthrou' moments. Shown me 'Friends Will be Friends'.
When I've been down they have given me 'A Kind of Magic' and made me feel 'It's A Beautiful Day'.
Even though it's sometimes 'A Hard Life' that we go 'Headlong' into feeling 'Under Pressure, and I've had moments that have felt like I'm waiting for the 'Hammer To Fall.

I believe in 'The Miracle' and will try to be a 'Cool Cat' and indeed maybe find 'Somebody To Love' perhaps even 'The Love Of My Life' Haa yes
'I want It All' with ' One Vision'

'Don't Stop Me Now' I have one more thing to add. Nope I'm not 'Going Slightly Mad' just want to say.

From this middle aged 'Fat Bottomed Girl' Thank You Freddie... Thank you Queen .. Now gimmie, gimmie, gimmie, gimmie gimmie Fried Chicken! (If you know, you know. x

who? oh - he was the drummer in Spandau Ballet - gotcha - yeah he was good

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score

There's no time for us
There's no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us
Who wants to live forever...

D

Deadpool

Wow. 30 years. I dont feel old...THANKS! Didnt Robert Maxwell die around the same time? Both was from dodgy se(a)men. Sorry

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
He got away with a Hitler Tash , the World's hairiest Armpits and string Vest cause he could sing.....

Legend lol

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What saddens me is that his beautiful music is now being used to advertise Flash floor cleaning products :rolleyes:

And seeing as no one's yet managed to mention Covid on this thread :) may I? Quick to develop a vaccine for that weren't they... and yet they're still searching for an AIDS vaccine. :rolleyes:

Back