13 year olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I would like to state my uppermost disgust at the rules being changed to allow 13 year old in the chat rooms, These rooms arent intended for children as most of the time adult content is spoken . I think the age limit should be returned to over 18's. Your opinions please

midget_gem

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I would like to state my uppermost disgust at the rules being changed to allow 13 year old in the chat rooms, These rooms arent intended for children as most of the time adult content is spoken . I think the age limit should be returned to over 18's. Your opinions please

totally agree thought it was an adult family friendly site sort of

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm fine with 13 year old's being allowed to use the chat site if they choose, as long as there is parental supervision and being informed about the potential dangers of chatting online to strangers. I don't see it being an issue as long as there is moderation to keep them safe.
Having said all that, i highly doubt that many young kids will come on and use a chat site like this. Kids these days enjoy going out and hanging with friends.

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I'm fine with 13 year old's being allowed to use the chat site if they choose, as long as there is parental supervision and being informed about the potential dangers of chatting online to strangers. I don't see it being an issue as long as there is moderation to keep them safe.
Having said all that, i highly doubt that many young kids will come on and use a chat site like this. Kids these days enjoy going out and hanging with friends.
have you ever looked in lobby and seen the stuff there, would you want your 13 daughter (if you had one) being a part of those discussions and there are NO mods on this site that can do the work of watching 13 year old

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
have you ever looked in lobby and seen the stuff there, would you want your 13 daughter (if you had one) being a part of those discussions and there are NO mods on this site that can do the work of watching 13 year old

Personally, no but social media has become a part of every day life for a lot of young children. Technology today has changed, for better or worse, you can decide that. Tablets and phones have made access to these sort of chat sites easier than before.
If i did have a daughter(which i don't, so I'm going to attempt to imagine having one for this scenario) and she was interested in chat sites, social media such as Facebook and Twitter being the popular ones, i would have concerns because i know what kind of people do lurk on there.
I could either flat out tell her no, and she possibly rebels and goes ahead and does what ever she wants behind my back, or i discuss with her the positives and negatives of social media and how to use it responsibly. It's all about informing and educating rather than restricting and turning it into an elephant in the room.

J

JustinCredible

If you're thinking of flirting with anyone in here check their age first!

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
so you dont actually like it and hope your imaginary daughter takes your advice, imagine they dont, most will go to lobby, have you looked there, no mods and full of over the top adult chat that makes me blush at times. I doubt very much that admin will actually change its mind and I have no idea what gave them the idea in the first place unless they want chatters at any price.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If you're thinking of flirting with anyone in here check their age first!

Or don't flirt with someone you don't know. It's the same principle for in the real world at a bar or a club. There have been circumstances where men in particular have picked up a girl from the bar, slept with the girl, and then found out later hat she was under-aged. You have to be extremely careful not to get yourself into those kinds of situations.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
so you dont actually like it and hope your imaginary daughter takes your advice, imagine they dont, most will go to lobby, have you looked there, no mods and full of over the top adult chat that makes me blush at times. I doubt very much that admin will actually change its mind and I have no idea what gave them the idea in the first place unless they want chatters at any price.

It's certainly a controversial decision that they've decided to lower the age restriction. Other chatters have rightfully pointed out that bad eggs will take advantage of this. I think with enough noise and concern being made, it could be changed back to 18+ as before.
I've only heard the horror stories of rebellious teenage daughters, so i can only assume that It's a constant battle to reason with someone who has not fully developed yet, emotionally and physically.
What gave them the idea of lowering the age? I think the idea of becoming a more friendly chat site. But, i don't know if i would call chat sites family friendly, as you mentioned the stuff that you've seen, makes a grown woman even blush.

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
and grandparent,, thank you for your opinions,, they may help

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
although people arent actually replying to MY post, Im glad almost all agree with what i was saying and that admin will now change their minds and maybe return to 18 and over,, Thank you

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Will the moderators be responsible for the under 16's not sure they would actually be prepared to do that and if they are will they be prosecuted along with admin for allowing it to happen,, how would you see whats happening in private. Admin easier just to change back to 18's and over

Reaction score
Could wait for the angry parents to pop up and give admin an earful. Another thing, wonder if that 13 year old inYAH will be going to the room meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back