‘Smacking never did me any harm’ argue parents compelled to hit their own children.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Smacking has been banned in Wales, leading to the age-old debate around whether or not it’s alright to assault a child.

The penalty for smacking children is yet to be established, but there has nonetheless been an outcry amongst parents who have traditionally resorted to giving little Timmy a good, solid thwack.

“It’s madness. Smacking is absolutely fine,” said father, Dave Pile, aged 59, his hand still sore from administering another round of justice to his son.

“If someone does something you don’t like, even after you’ve told them not to, it’s absolutely fine to attack them physically. That’s what a stable modern society is all about.

“My parents hit me all the time, and it never did me any harm, besides teaching me that it would be a fine idea to administer similar arse-kickings to my child one day just because he won’t keep his elbows off the table.”

Simon’s 44-year-old son said, “My arse hurts and I’m terrified of my father, but I have learned a valuable lesson.

“Actually it’s not so much a lesson as a fear response… I still don’t know why I can’t put my elbows on the table aged 44… in fact, I’m not sure anybody does. But now the mere thought makes me cower for fear of a beating, so that’s obviously good.”

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I never hit my children and both have turned out ok

A

AGirlHasNoName

I think smacking is a rarity these days tbh, most people are smart enough to realise there are better ways of dealing with a child's behaviour. Obviously the odd person will lose their temper sometimes still, but its not as common as it once was, maybe among the thick folk of the UK?

Although a lot of children and teens lack basic respect and manners these days, I don't think it's from a lack of smacking but definitely a lack of discipline both in and out of school. We've gone wrong somewhere.. where that somewhere is I'm still pondering.

Back